E N V Y

I cried writing this chapter. I truly cried.

Without further adieu, I present to you...

E N V Y

lucille granger

I didn't sleep as much. All I could think about was how Draco hurt Enzo.

Enzo didn't deserve that. At all.

But Draco is Draco, and what am I to do when he is the way that he is? Doesn't that sound complicated?

And all I could think about was how Draco reacted shortly after I denied him entrance in my room. How could he expect me to let him hug me in my bed after he hurt his own- our own best friend?

The fucked up part about it all is that I still empathize for Draco. Everything happened so fast.

I was supposed to talk to him about how I feel about us, and that we need to improve our relationship. Last night was supposed to be the start of development for the both of us.

Another fucked up part about it all is that Lorenzo will still fucking forgive Draco even after he beat him like that. Lorenzo loves Draco so much.

It kills me that no matter what Draco does to the people he loves, we'll still love him back regardless.

How is that okay? How is this normalized?

No, I need to suck it up. This is what I signed up for. There's more to Draco than just an angry boy.

I will always be invested in him. Maybe that's the heart wrenching part; no matter how many times Draco hurts me, or mentally fucking torments me, I'm still going to stay.

I should've listened to Lorenzo when he told me to run the moment I feel that I tiptoe around him.

No, I shouldn't have. I did the right decision.

I trust my gut more than anything.

I truly think this is all worth it.

But who knows how long I'll last?

You can only do and handle so much.

A knock from the door interrupted my thoughts. I turned over on my bed and stared at Onyx, as she stared at me back. A knock again.

"You want me to get it, don't you," Onyx assumed. I nodded yes as she groaned. She got up and opened the door to see Lorenzo standing there.

I immediately shot up from my bed and ran towards Lorenzo, pulling him into an embrace.

"I'm so sorry, Enzo," I cooed. I looked up at him and noticed his busted lip and cheekbone, which only made me feel even worse.

"Ah, don't worry about it. It happens," He chuckled shortly after, "It's Malfoy. I'll talk to him later."

We pulled away from our embrace as he walked in, closing the door behind him. He sat at the edge of Onyx's bed and I sat on mine.

"Are you in pain?" I cooed.

"No, I'm a man of steel," He joked, flexing his arms.

I don't know how he can manage to just pull through despite being punched so hard the night before- and in the face.

"Again, I'm sorry, Lorenzo. I don't know why he's-."

"Lucille, I said don't worry about it. I know Draco- He's very impulsive. And it's my fault- He did tell me to stop kissing your forehead," He responded, "Though I didn't listen. Which I probably should," He chuckled. "I'm just glad I still look stunning."