L I F E

Hey guys-

I guess I ended up updating around the same time after all. I hope you guys like this chapter. Above is Daniel Gilles as Charles Berkshire.

Without further adieu, I present to you...

L I F E  W I T H O U T  Y O U
lucille granger

Onyx didn't make it. When I heard Blaise cry that 'She d-didn't ma-make it', I was heartbroken. I felt empty for a while, though Draco managed to comfort me despite his exhaustion.

Draco told me about other people who didn't make it; Fred Weasley, Lavender Brown, Professor Snape, Bellatrix, and many more.

Voldemort himself didn't make it, which meant that Draco and Lorenzo were free of torment forever; It was all thanks to Neville Longbottom and Harry Potter, along with Ron and Hermoine.

Hearing about my sister and her friends' successes during the battle made me content. It made me feel relieved to know that they made it; that they survived.

Lucius couldn't look at me. He couldn't bare to lay his eyes on me; He hated my presence. I tried to ignore it, but it's hard when the grandfather of your child can't even speak to you solely because of the purity of your blood.

Lorenzo got hurt. Badly. Luna tried everything with her frail little hands, but you can't heal a wolf scratch. Things like that are irreversible.

We sat in the dining room. It wasn't Narcissa and Draco that sat at each ends of the table, no. It was Lucius and Draco, who hardly glanced at each other. It was almost as if Lucius was ashamed.

I sat near Draco, while Luna and Lorenzo sat next to me as well. Blaise sat across me, dwelling in the chair; lifeless, clueless, unable to compose any words. I pitied him, really. I couldn't wrap my head around the death of my very best own best friend. In fact, I couldn't wrap my head around all of it.

The manor was gloomy. The events that occurred were yet to marinate.

Anytime I glanced over at Draco, exhaustion would plaster over his face. He was tired. I knew he just wanted to sleep.

Anytime he would look at me, he'd be worried. He'd look at me with worrisome.

We have yet to speak about my pregnancy, but it can wait a day or two.

I think Draco needs some rest.

And to be honest I think I need rest, too.

"Things will change from this day forward," Nacissa protruded my self conscience, "For a lot of us, really."

"No doubt about that. I mean-. Look at me. There's a bloody wolf scratch on my leg. Soon enough I'll be howling like the others," Lorenzo couldn't help but chuckle. "Come on, you're allowed to laugh," He assured us. I cracked a weak smile, and so did Luna.

"Which is why I invited your father over," She responded, "Mr. Berkshire has every right to kno-"

"Bloody hell, Narcissa," He muttered under his breath, "Mate's hardly ever here, why should he know I'm bloody cursed for life!"

She sighed. "Lorenzo, he's still your fath-"

"He's also a bitch!" He reprimanded.

Silence.

A knock emitted from the foyer.

"That must be him," Narcissa softly spoke, as she sat up from her chair and walked towards the door to let him in.