chapter 8

[name] had changed into her other set of clothes she had brought with her after being briefly let out to change. She felt blessed to at least be able to rinse her body off in a shower when a knight was clear on 'receiving' orders from a certain cavalry captain. Yet there was a profuse smell that whisked around the air as she walked down the hall, escorted by a guard back to the interrogation room.

It was men's odor. [name] struggled to keep her head afloat from losing herself to the awful stenches. It had been so bad that she even had to cover her nose with her hands as she walked.

She shuddered as it had gotten much stronger from bypassing a specific room. Her eye twitched a little in irritation. "Gross..."

It wasn't until the door had been opened again did the smell from over there had dispersed. She could no longer really smell it any more, but she remembered it again as soon as she saw the blue haired man sitting on a seat beside the table.

As of right now, he was like that odor一A foul nuisance to her life. He was a man with a handsome face just as blissfully beautiful as the first fall of snow; who he couldn't grasp to hold in his hands, he swayed with his fine words of allure, convincingly, surely, and if not that, he would find other ways to walk you down that path if he needed to hold your hand even. Anyone in town could easily be swept off of their feet by him一 Men, women, children, old and young, all alike, [name] herself would have been no different had she met him sooner however.

But now, was different. Now, the wind in Mondstadt could only be her true reason of comfort. Now, all she had felt was numbness and tire to the possibilities laying beyond a need to sleep all of those years away underneath that dead, once-blossoming tree within her soul, once full of will, vigor and vitality.

He, was just men's odor to her wilting tree that needed blossoming; to think that she would be sparing him an inch of her time over the time to self evaluate her life made her grumble in annoyance. It dawned on her that she was starting to regret her irrationality.

She greeted him quietly and politely alas when she felt like she had stood at the door frame long enough. "Mister Kaeya."

The male had turned his head towards with a smile holding one of her torn books in his hand. "Miss [name], I didn't think you would be the type of person to hoard destroyed books."

[name] felt herself retract a step behind her then stomped towards him yanking the book out of his hand. "Refrain from snooping into my personal belongings, please."

He feigned a look of hurt standing up from his seat. "Snoop? You don't need to scowl at me now."

She found herself frowning again. It seemed this man had the perfect ability to make her feel like absolute crap sometimes.

[name] crossed an arm over the other. "Mister Kaeya一 "

"Just Kaeya." He attempted to correct her to no avail.

"Mister Kaeya." She breathed his name indignantly intent on keeping their space formal. "Do you always have to go through such lengths to get what you want? It's appalling, and I would appreciate it if you wouldn't."

Being the man that he was, he leaned against the table confidently smirking at her. "Well, if I wasn't, then maybe I wouldn't be Kaeya, the Cavalry Captain, now would I?"

[name] rolled her eyes at him. "Ridiculous..."

Seeing that he had gotten under her skin made his smirk widen. He stood up grabbing the book forcefully out of her hand this time. As she was much shorter than him she struggled to reach the book that was now high in the air. Taking this chance since she was panicked to get her book back, her back was slammed against the edge of the table. He towered over cornering her on both of her sides with his hands slammed on the table.