chapter 9

An entire week had passed since [name] ran into the Darknight Hero for the third time.

A light hum left Kaeya as he studied the woman in front of him. Her hair was simply pulled up into a messy bun. There was no intricate design on her oversized, simple white button up shirt, and her pants had lighter spots over her left thigh; she had probably left a small stain there on accident and probably fiercely scrubbed the spot to clean it, but it had left the spot lighter in color compared to the other areas around it. Her shoes were amazingly still intact and put together, however it was clear that they worn out from all of the wear over the past few years of using it.

His hand raised up to his chin. "[name], you've worn this outfit three times this week already, don't you have anything aside from this one and the other?"

It wasn't like she could take her entire wardrobe with her一 Her bag barely fit what she had taken. Hearing this question piqued a questioning look of irritation from [name], who was currently sitting on a bench. She crossed an arm over the other. "I wash my clothes every morning and night. If it's clean, I can use it."

Just as quickly as she said that, he just as quickly argued with her. "Using it every day makes the outfit less special."

"This isn't a date." She snapped at him.

Like usual he wasn't phased. "Well, it can be."

She glanced up at him in disbelief. What [name] had saw was the same compared to every time he threw a comment like that out the window for her to hear: nothing serious, and nothing short but teasing.

It toyed with her heart who wasn't used to being touched of compliments, near even quaking playful gestures or comments of romance. If [name] was the Earth being stepped on by people's feet, Kaeya was the water engulfing her on both sides wherever she roamed, unwilling to let her escape from this small game that meant nothing to him.

Her feelings were being drowned in his ocean of beautiful words, and she knew, that she was starting to struggle, to let herself escape from the waters of his grasping entrapment bit by bit. But she refused to admit it.

[name] shook her head at him. "You got a lot of nerve, Mister Kaeya."

"It seems so, I can agree on that." He laughed, brushing his bangs a little out of the vision of his right eye. "But, I have to say that you don't have any."

The [hair color] haired eighteen year old cocked her head to the side at him. "What is that supposed to mean?"

He casually shrugged. "Did I stutter aloud? Sorry, didn't mean to let that slip."

"Ha. Ha. You're very funny, Mister Kaeya..."

He laughed more at the lack of enthusiasm in her voice. "Can't help myself, no?"

[name] stayed silent for awhile trying to figure what he would bring next into the conversation. When he didn't, she was the one this time to ask him a question. "So, what exactly did you have in mind that I can do, to prove to you?"

She failed to notice the mischievous glint in Kaeya's eye. "Proof, huh? I didn't think you would consider trying anything. Well... It's fine, however, I think I have an idea, after all."

About twenty to thirty minutes had passed since then. [name] sucked in a deep, shaky breath. Her legs trembled in fear quaking as she stood beside one of the cliffs resting on the edge of Windrise. It wasn't a cliff that couldn't kill you on fall, but it still made her feel startled just from looking down from it. Reason being why they chose such a place was the law of gliding in Mondstadt.

Kaeya, who stood from behind her, smirked at her with an amused look hidden in his lilac blue eyes. "What happened to all of that high talk earlier?"