chapter 14

"Who hurt you?"

It was a second time she felt as though she had been asked that, except the first never actually verbally got out. The question came out roughly, sounding more demanding than anything more of what [name] had expected to hear of. She had only barely just stepped foot into the room when Kaeya's usually calm face contorted into a mix of bewilderment and concern. What threw her off most was the way he looked almost angry even.

Maybe not at her, persay, but whoever had hurt her一being Guinevere. But how could Kaeya know that?

Her hand instinctively reached up to the side of her head, jeering her face away from his peering eyes. "Nothing happened."

Kaeya's face darkened, causing her to shudder just from seeing it. "Nothing? I asked you who did it, not what caused it." He neared her pressing a few fingers against the back of her hand startling her.

[name] shuffled. She certainly didn't know how to take such words from him一 from the Kaeya, out of anyone. "It's... I just don't want to talk about it."

His eyes narrowed at this in suspicion with a theory in mind. She brushed his hand off, attempting to take a seat on one of the chairs when Kaeya pulled her back on the wrist.

[name] glanced up to him curiously. "Yes?"

"Barbara." He retorted, sighing in the process. "We need to clean up your wound at least before we go to the Wine Festival."

If [name] had actually been drinking wine, she would have spit it all out in a second. "Wine Festival? Who the hell said I was going? I have work to do."

"And, who said I was going to allow you to work all night?" Kaeya said with a cheeky smile, tugging her along with him, walking out of the building. "You forget who you're with, [name]."

**

"Kaeya, do I have to..? I seriously have to go back to work. Diluc will be pissed if I don't." [name] whined softly.

Said man hadn't budged an inch as he waited for [name] to step out from behind the curtain, where a stylist was currently working on her wear. "He's a man made for entertainment; he'll be busy." He sarcastically joked. "Besides, the festival lasts all night. You'll only be staying there dressed for a few hours anyways."

There was a crack of worry in her voice whenever she spoke, quivering in some sort of fear. "A few hours?"

"Relax." He chuckled. "It'll only be until midnight. Now, step out already."

After some reassurance from the stylist confirming the finished up touches on her appearance, [name] insecurely walked into view.

She had make up to outline her gorgeous facial features. Her hair was neatly pulled up into a braided bun, with an intricate crystal-adorned butterfly hairpin clipped on top of it together. A pair of simple earrings matched the hairpin. The dress she wore had an open long sleeved top, a glistening jeweled waistline laid on top of the skirt, with what seemed to be a crystalfly imitation attached at the back of the ribbon, glowing a vibrant silver off of light that deflected on it. The skirt was layered into three layers, flowing downward in a loop. The skirt deflected from whichever the light shined off of it, radiating in a beautiful arrangement of blue. Wherever she twirled, even for just a little, the skirt would sway elegantly with her, seeming ready to dance with her beat [1].

An angel, at best.

She shifted in discomfort as Kaeya whistled a tune of approval. "Ah! It seems that my taste is quite the exquisite one, don't you think? I was right to say that blue matches you after all一you look marvelous."