chapter 19

"What's this?"

[name] hesitated. "Red."

Thump..! "Correct, and this?"

She paused again. "Blue?"

Clank..! "Right, now... How about this?"

[name] blinked constantly at the object in front of her. She couldn't even trace what the shape of the object was. She felt even more unsure at this point. "Uh... Purple?"

The physician stopped rambling for a split second, heaving a small sigh. "It's actually green, Miss Xia..."

Her eyes averted away from the object, teeth biting her bottom lip in self disappointment. Over the past hour the physician had given her these different small trials for her to take. Apparently, testing for color blindness was a thing that she had to do. It made her feel rather wheezy. Did getting answers wrong even have a big impact to do with her eyesight?

"Alright then, Miss Xia, today we'll leave it at this." Hearing this surprised her.

Usually it lasted longer, why did he stop so early?

The physician took note of her confusion and proceeded to tell her: "Master Diluc has requested me to stop an hour early."

"What for?"

"Well, I could only assume, Miss Xia." He chuckled. "You're expecting an audience."

These days, [name] found herself often feeling stunned, even over the smallest things. She had no idea if it was her newfound diagnosis and still have yet to completely let go of that fact or if it was just because it felt like time was moving too fast for her.

Today, it was the fact that indeed she found herself that late noon, outside of the manor on that same bench many days before in the presence of none other than Diluc himself.

"So..." She awkwardly trailed off hoping that Diluc would speak up, but instead found that he left her again in silence.

Archons, someone come help her from this awkwardness.

"How was it with the physician today?" Diluc questioned deciding to sit beside her.

[name] shrugged. "I... Don't know anything about reading my own health or what the results of the these tests mean, nor do I want to self diagnosis myself with anything. I can only conclude that it's rather boring that's all."

The red head bonked her lightly on the top of her head. "If you don't want to self diagnose yourself then ask the actual physician. How will you know if you're actually okay if you don't ask?"

Was that... What she thought it was in his voice?

[name] stiffened up.

No way...

She rubbed the spot where he hit her. "I- I'll follow your advice for tomorrow appointment then."

Silence. Again. He bestowed upon her for the third time in a row.

With her blurry vision, [name] looked up at his face, trying hard to look for any difference in his expression, and quite obviously, she couldn't in the least. It didn't stop Diluc from leaning away from her once she did however.

"What are you doing?"

"You're a little weird today."

"Weird how?"

Without another second, she honestly proceeded forward: "You're awfully caring today."

Her forehead instantly received a poke from his index finger, pushing her head back a bit. "What do you mean by that? Are you calling me cold hearted?"