Chapter 23 [ Mistake and Fear ]

The butler served me an already cut roasted chicken and a non spicy soup. I stabbed my fork into the meat and chew the flavourful meat with a foolish grin on my face. Who doesn't smile when we have good food to eat? I barely had any food to eat when I was Ria, the orphanage had a really terrible food.

They only have leftover breads or cold porridge for us to eat there. Since I came from a rural town, the orphanage there also had poor quality.

Maybe, I dislike my previous life so much for me to quickly adapted to this lifestyle.
I was so jealous of those kids in school, they have good clothes and high technology gadgets to use. Even if I don't have any chances of having all those gadgets or wearing all those beautiful clothes, I now became the daughter of a famous grand duke, have a mom and a dad.

I really appreciate for being their daughter already. Even if I didn't become their daughter, just born in a commoner family with a loving parents are more than enough. But, I still need to find that old woman who knew about my reincarnation too.

"What's wrong? Is it not to your liking? The food, I meant." Hearing Ares' worried question brought me back to reality.

I shook my head and smile childishly.

"Nope! This is the best food ever, I'm really lucky to be able to eat this."

"It'll turn 8 soon, you need to hurry up and finish your meal, take a bath, brush your teeth and go to bed. Your mother won't like it if she knows you awake."

Wow...I think I just gained a new mother instead of a father. It's feel so Deja Vu, if Aphrodite was in his stead, she would also said the exact same thing, minus the last sentence.

It did not take long for me to finish everything. I hopped off the chair with Yvonne's help.

"I'll go and take a bath now, daddy! Bye bye~~" I waved my hand at Ares, with the butler behind him clutch where his heart is and murmured something.

"How come our young miss can be so adorable? She must be the reincarnation of a fairy princess from the enchanted forest!"

"Xavier, you are really annoying. Go somewhere else."

With the head of the house shoo him away, the poor butler dragged himself like a puppy who was dismissed by its owner.

Meanwhile, Adelliana was having a great time in the bathroom. She watched the yellow duck, floating on the water and play with the fragrant bubble.

"Did you have a fun time with lord Ares today, my lady?" Margaret who came in with a towel and her pajamas giggles at Adelliana's childish yet cute action.

"Yea! Daddy was much more of a fun person than I thought! Before, I thought daddy was a boring and scary person who only likes to work and work and work until he died."

....

There was no replies from Margaret, but deep down, she was sweating so hard.

[ Why would you say something so controversial yet so brave? ]

Unknowingly to both of them, outside the bathroom, Ares was standing with his back against the door and one hand, covering the upper of his face.

[ Never before have I been so offended by something I one hundred percent agree with...]

....

"Please step out of the bath, my lady. If you take a shower longer than that, you might catch a cold."

Adelliana step out of the bubbly water, and let Margaret rinse her body to get rid of the remaining bubbles.

Margaret softly ruffled her blonde hair with a big tower and wipe her body. She put on her dress and her pumpkin pants on.