Chapter 16: Panic

Chapter 16: Panic

"Okay, I'm ready. What did the note say?" I asked as I settled myself in a seat and crossed my legs. 

"I didn't want to worry you because I just know it isn't good for anyone. It's basically a threat" He sighed, he looked nervous. Xavier even sat down in front of me.

"Hey, relax. Just let me see it and we'll work with it together" I said to him, his face didn't actually shift from his expression as he hesitantly reached for a paper in his pocket and handed it over to me. 

Did he have it with him throughout the entire day? 

I slowly unfolded the paper and my breath stopped as soon as I read it. 

You took 3 of mine, so I returned the favor. But don't worry I'll get them back and I don't care how. That's a promise. 

                                 - ALPHA ETHAN         

"Oh my god, this guy is completely mental. How entitled is he? And who does he think we took? I'm the only one who left him that we know" I said, I was already out of my seat. 

He took a deep breath and I could tell he didn't want to say what he was about to. 

"What is it Xavier?" I asked him as I walked over to him. He opened his arms and I walked over to him so I could sat in his lap. He immediately wrapped his arms around me, hugging me. I nuzzled my head on his chest as he held on to me. 

I felt like I was a baby, but leave me alone I needed it right now. 

"We've been analyzing and we believe that he thinks he feels that you and both of your parents were the ones that were taken. He obviously isn't in his right mind to know that he gave permission for them to leave" And that's when it got worse for me. 

"Xavier, what if he hurts my parents?" Fuck I can't breathe. My body started shaking as I couldn't get a clean gulp of breath in. 

"Emma, shit. What do you need? Concentrate on your breathing" He said in my ear as I moved around in his arms. 

I know exactly what was happening to me, I had them before. But it wasn't as sever as the ones I had after Ethan's attempted rape. 

He let go off me to give me space but I grabbed his hands to stop him. I didn't want space I wanted to be held. All of my previous attacks have been when I'm alone, I didn't want to be alone right now. 

I took some time but I started to take deep and slow breaths as I talked to myself. I repeated my chants of positive things and experiences, trying to change what I was feeling that caused this whole attack to something more relaxing. At least this worked for me and it did in the moment. 

I didn't notice my claws had come out until I finally released and saw that they were in Xavier's arms. 

"I'm sorry" I said, not knowing I had been crying until I spoke. 

"Emma, it's fine. You know I'm strong like that" He tried to flex his muscles and that led me to release a small smile. I hugged him tighter just because he tried to make me laugh. 

"Thank you. I'm better now" I whispered to him as he wiped the tears out of my cheeks. 

"Emma, I assure you. We are moving your parents to a house which is heavily guarded and they won't have a single second where they can be in danger and well you're the safest in this house too. He isn't getting close to any of you guys." Xavier said to me as he brushed my hair.

"I trust you Xavier, but people are still getting hurt. It's not fair to them. Maybe we should leave..." I started to say but he immediately stopped me. 

"No, Emma. You can't do that. We are going to face this, we are one of the most heavily guarded packs in the world. If you are the safest it's here and with me. Please don't leave" He said to me and I nodded.

"I'm sorry there have already been 3 deaths. I can't handle knowing it's because of me" I whispered. People are dead because of my decisions. 

"It hurts to say but we weren't on our best plan protecting the perimeter, our guards were focused on the insides. That was my fault for trying something new. But we are on our best right now. Nothing is passing through our trees without us knowing about it. I promise it." He said, it did calm down a bit. 

"Xavier, I just don't want more pack members killed" I said, it hurt as if I had known them. I had a connection with everyone in this pack as a Luna even if it is a slight and extremely distant. As soon as I took that vow as a leader, I am responsible for everyone here. It's hard. 

"I think that in the history of Lunas you've had the most eventful year of them all. I mean you got thrown into a pool and fought with a pack member, marked without consent, slipped into a coma and all of this shit with your old Alpha. How are you not exhausted?" He said to me and I stood up from the chair we were sitting on. 

"Oh I'm sorry, did I say something wrong?" He said standing up as well.

"Chill, come here" I said moving over to the sofa. I mean I liked being so close to Xavier but my legs were starting to fall asleep. 

He laid down and I followed him down, being the little spoon. 

"And yes I know I have been kind of busy. Thought it came with the job description" I shrugged and he just laughed. Since we were so close the vibration of his chest reached my body. His laugh was just so gorgeous, I wouldn't mind hearing him on repeat. It was so warm.

It really distracted me a bit from the whole lot of situations we have been dealing with. 

I shifted around in his arms until I was facing him. "I love your laugh" I said to him as he stared back into my eyes. 

"And I love you" Xavier said placing a kiss on my forehead. 

"What?" I asked surprised. Did he just say that? Like I'm not dreaming right now? 

"I mean you don't have to say it back, I was just saying what I was thinking. And I heard in some book that women like when men are honest and we'll I was bei-" I cut him off as soon as my lips met his.

He didn't hesitate on kissing me back. I kissed him with all of the emotion I could show. Our lips were moving so perfectly against each others. His hands were holding the bottom of my face as I had looped my arms around the back of his head.

This sofa was kinda small for the way we were making out but oh well. 

I leaned back, resting my forehead against his. His eyes were still closed and he was breathing heavily like me. 

"I love you" I whispered meeting his now opened eyes. His whole expression changed to a much happier one. "You look so cute when you're nervous" I said laughing.

"I wasn't nervous..." He tried to play it off but we both knew what the truth was.

Before I could say anything Cecilia and Carter ran into our house, with huge smiles on their faces. 

I literally just saw them, what is their deal? It only took a second for Xavier and I to notice what was in Cecilia's hand. We knew what they were going to say but Xavier beat them to the punch.

"You're pregnant?"

"You've got enemies? Good. That means you've actually stood up for something in your life"

  - Eminem