CHAPTER 18

I dedicate this chapter to my two darling friends and who always... always make an effort to check out my updates, vote and share. You guys are amazing.

Enjoy❣

AZ
Song: Gasoline - Halsey

"Gramps, I'm at the resort, where are you?" I ask over the phone while entering the gate.

"We're in the restaurant baby."

we're?

"You have company?" I ask walking towards the restaurant.

Gramps and I have eaten here twice before. I like the place because their Ekwang is epic, the best I've ever had. It's a hut made from mud and decorated by beautiful drawings of gongs in what seems like white chalk. The roof is made of grass and the chairs of bamboos. All the table cloths are African print cloths. African culture is really so beautiful.

"Yes, but that won't be a problem." He assures me. "We're at our usual table."

Who the hell is we?

"OK." I say looking round the room for Gramps' grey afro, I don't remember the exact same table he's talking about because it's been about four months since we were lastly here.
He waves at me, gaining my attention and I walk toward him slowly. He's with a woman, she has red faux locs on and a crop top made from a blue and red African fabric. So he's already gotten a new girl? In your face Shura.

That aside, this is supposed to be our spot.

"Took you long enough, we're famished." Gramps says smiling.
I look at the woman for a while, wanting to see her face. When she looks at me, guess what... It's Shura.

"Az... Hey!" She beams at me.

I ignore the bile on my tongue from her calling me Az and not Azinwi and focus on the fact that Gramps brought her to our place.

"What the fuck is she doing here?" I demand, trying not to be too loud.

"Baby, your language." Gramps reprimands with a slight frown on his face. He hates it when I cuss, but I don't care right now.

"Why did you make me come here when you are just going to ignore me the whole time and focus your attention on her like always?"

"It's not like that, we just thought..."

"I wasn't talking to you!" I snap. Who the hell does she think she is?

"Baby, stop! Just sit down let's talk about this calmly, it doesn't have to be a problem. It's just lunch." Gramps tells me, already aware of the heads turning in our direction but I couldn't care less.

"Just lunch? So the three of us are a family now? Since when did you start bringing girls here? Her to be precised!" I yell. "First of all, you brought her along to our end of year vacation, I didn't say anything. She comes to our house and orders our cook to prepare what she likes, and now this?"

"Baby, let's talk more sensibly... Just calm down." Gramps pleads.

"No! I don't want to calm down and I don't want to be near her. I'm going home." I say and turn to leave.

"Az, you don't have to leave." Shura says, grabbing my arm.

"Don't you ever touch me again." I warn through closed teeth. She lets go of my arm before looking around at the people whose heads have turned in our direction because of the scene. I head for the door, for the gate... out of yet another place that has been violated by that slut.

I can't believe I left Kacely there, with the hopes of coming to spend time with Gramps after a long time of us not hanging out only to come and meet that bitch with whom he's been spending all his time with. Why is it always her?