Conflicted

Song: Sadness is taking over, Flora Cash

Louis woke up to a loud ringing coming from somewhere in the room.

He groaned and tried to ignore it for a moment, only he gave up with a huff when realising the ringing wasn't going to just stop on its own.

He squeezed his eyes tighter shut and snuggled further into the- weirdly hard pillow. He frowned.

What the fuck?

Louis slowly blinked his eyes open, shutting them again once the sunlight coming through the window near enough blinded him. He let out another huff and finally managed to open them fully.

At first he didn't know what he was looking at, disorientated from sleep, until he came to the conclusion that what he was currently hugging, his chest pressed up against it and his legs tangled in another pair, wasn't a pillow. It was Harry.

He widened his eyes and quickly tried to move, only he was tugged back into place as his arms were tightly secured around the boy, trapped between another pair of arms that hugged his own to their chest. "Shit" he mumbled quietly, twisting his arms in hopes that Harry would let go.

Harry kept his grip firm, unconscious of his actions whilst apparently in a deep sleep. Louis struggled to keep his chest away from his back, trying to put as much distance between them as he could as he managed to untangle his legs from his. His arms still weren't released though.

"Damn it" Louis whispered under his breath as he realised he would have to wake Harry. He was hoping he could have moved away before the boy woke up in order to save himself the embarrassment, but of course things never went they way he wanted them too. "Harry" he said, shaking his body with his arms awkwardly in the position they were. "Harry wake up"

Harry let out a sleepy groan and cuddled further into the duvet, into his arms. Louis shook his head. "Harry wake up. One of our phones are going off" Louis urged him, only receiving a whine in return.

"Harry!" Louis then shouted as a last resort, and thankfully he woke up with a start. He shot up from his position and Louis widened his eyes as harry tumbled backwards, losing his balance as he fell out of the bed with a thump. "Shit" Louis said, covering his mouth with his newly freed hand in order to repress a laugh.

"Ouch" He heard Harry say quietly from the floor, and he shuffled on his knees to the edge of the bed to look down at him. Harry was sat up against the bedside table, rubbing at his eyes sleepily with a small pout on his lips. His hair was a complete mess of unruly curls and his eyes were swollen from how much he had cried the previous day. He looked like a sad puppy. "That hurt" Harry said, his voice rough like it was in most mornings.

"Sorry. I think your phone was going off" Louis replied, watching as Harry stood up slowly and stretched his long limbs, his back arching as he arms raised behind his head.