Ep 33. Secrets & Lies.

🎶. Hurts Like Hell

| A U T H O R |

| A U T H O R |

Kabir Raichand is a perfect gentleman in the eyes of the world, skillfully crafted evil soul under that facade and a literal angel towards his family. He does not give a damn about anyone unless it's someone he cares for. Over the years he has committed countless sins and none of them made him feel guilty, except for the one.

That one sin, affected the people he cared for and loves.

That one sin had separated him from the same woman he had crazily loved and still does.

That one sin had taken his son away from him.

In these last twenty-six years, he had done everything in his power to show how much he regrets ever committing that crime. For a moment he thought he had succeeded, but he was wrong.

Even if his wife, his siblings, his parents had forgiven him, his son has not.

He knew a day would come when his son will eventually break down, when he'll let the venom he has for his father rule, he won't hold back from showing his anger. He knew his son has suffered, he knew his champ was living a shell of a life. And for that, somewhere, he believes he is responsible too.

He could have let his fucked up childhood go, he could have trusted the woman he loved instead of the man who he didn't even know enough, he could have not suspected that the child in his wife's womb was a bastard child. To this day, the words he had uttered that night still haunts him.

All because of his weak trust, his wife and son had to suffer for five freaking years. All because of him, his wife had to go through the humiliation of practically pretending to be a slut. All because of him, his son had to suffer when all he deserved was a normal childhood.

He knows his son loves him more than anything in this world. But behind that love, there is a flicker of anger waiting to be set on fire. Anger for betraying his mother, anger for forgetting him, anger for never reaching out to them, anger for keeping it all inside and having to pretend that he was all okay, anger for not becoming the father Kabir had promised to be after ReyKha was established, anger for almost drowning in work and only coming back home when it was midnight and he was already asleep, tired of waiting for his father.

Rivaah understood him because she was an adult and she never really demanded anything. Not even his time. Barkha was just a baby. But Reyansh, the boy was physically weak and emotionally deprived of his father's love just because Kabir wanted to build a powerful empire to pass on to him.

He failed.

He had failed as a son once.

He had failed as a brother once.

He had failed as a husband once.

And he had always failed as a father.

"It hurt my eyes to see you both today." The beautiful voice made him sit straight. He tilted his head, admiring his wife as she made their bed. "What happened?" she turned, putting the sheets on her lap after she sat down on the bed.