42. SHE'S IN THE LAKE

| CHAPTER FORTY-TWO |

SHE'S IN THE LAKE.

CEDRIC COULDN'T SLEEP AND NOT because it was finally time for the second task of the Triwizard Tournament, no, it was because he hadn't been able to find Natasha Fields anywhere. After she didn't meet him at the Astronomy Tower, Cedric decided to walk around the castle in hopes of finding the blonde beauty. He walked near Hagrid's Hut where the friendly giant and informed him that he hadn't seen Natasha anywhere. Next, he walked to the kitchens but the only people there were the Weasley twins, who both had not seen the blonde either.

Cedric then decided to go back to the Hufflepuff common room, hoping that Nat had gone there after she couldn't find him in the Astronomy Tower, but she wasn't there and the grey eyed boy couldn't get up to the girl's dormitory so he stayed downstairs on the couch and before he knew it, morning had come and the blonde was still nowhere to be found.

He perked up when he saw a familiar redhead walking down the stairs into the common room, but when he noticed she was alone he was more than confused.

"Cedric, hello," Rosie greeted him politely when her eyes landed on the older boy, "You haven't seen Nat anywhere by any chance?"

Cedric's mouth opened in shock, "I-I was going to ask you the same thing," He confessed.

Rosie's face fell. Worry filled her eyes, "She wasn't with you?"

Cedric shook his head and ran a hand through his messy locks, "She was going to meet me in the Astronomy Tower after going to see McGonagall, but she never showed up."

The redhead looked confused, "McGonagall?"

Cedric nodded, "Moody came to get her from the library," He explained, his mind racing with what could've happened. Did she have to go back home? Was she still at McGonagall's office? 

"What for?"

Cedric shrugged, "He didn't say. Ron and Hermione were with him, though."

Rosie arched an eyebrow, "Do you think maybe she helped get the second task ready?"

The Hufflepuff boy shook his head, "No, it's in the Black Lake, I doubt there's anything they need to get ready---Oh. No. No, they couldn't," He muttered to himself, his eyes widening with realisation. 

"What?" Rosie intrigued, "Cedric? What?"

He shook his head as his hands got tangled in his messy locks, "She's what they took," He breathed out, "She's in the lake."