☽『Mitsuki x Reader』☽

TODAY WAS A RATHER COLD DAY. It was the start of Autumn, the outbreaks of chilly weather and seasonal flu slowly becoming common. A blanket of fog belittled the girls vision, the once recognisable landmarks that littered the village looking nothing more than a darkened silhouette in the mist. It was early in the morning, 6:40 to be precise, and she had a mission to accomplish.

Through the cold winds, the young girl found solace in her coffee cup; the beverage was still warm. And because it was so warm, she took another, long sip, the comforting heat hitting just the right spot. A hum pressed her lips in response. Perhaps she'll buy this brand more often. The remaining heat was soaked up by her nimble fingers, the flavour lingering in her mouth for a while before being washed away with a small mint. Only when she took a breath did she realise her mistake. The mint sharpened the airs cold touch, so now her mouth was frozen to death. Perfect.

Today was a day like every other, except for the fact that (Y/N) was going to be placed in a new team. At first, she wasn't too comfortable with this, but after much convincing from her teachers, she finally caved. The change was to assess compatibility in the class, which was a reasonable response to her demands. So she let out a deep sigh. Her new teammates were to meet up at Hikomori Bridge, on the outskirts of the village which was now only a few minutes away. She knew everyone in the class, but that didn't mean she got along with everyone- leading her to wonder who would be her new teammates.

Iwabe? Sarada? She really had no clue, so as the crisp leaves crunched under her heel, a pit of unease shifted in her gut. She wasn't used to not being prepared; it made her feel like an idiot running in circles. The time she spent absorbed in her thoughts distracted her from the fact that her beverage was now cold, so as she took another sip, her face cringed in disgust. "Ew, gross..." (Y/N) dumped the drink in a nearby bin, disliking its new taste. Warm coffee and cold coffee had two different flavours.

Finally, after walking another few minutes across the stream, the bridge came to view. It's wood was painted a saturated red, the glossy texture glistening under the waters reflection. Fog smothered the bridge, the dark shadows the making the bridge more daunting than usual. (Y/N) let out another sigh, this time, it being more agitated than tired. Let's see who her mystery matchup was.

The wood was cold and rigid under her touch as she climbed the railings. The scarf she had draped around her neck suddenly didn't do much for warmth, feeling more like a thin piece of fabric than anything. She underestimated the cold. A mistake she'd find herself complaining about soon. But that was when she reached the centre of the platform. In the distance, a lone silhouette barely caught her attention.

The dark shadow was docile, its body shifting its weight towards the wooden bars, simply gazing over the railings and to the water. Small hums were heard under their breath, the tune unrecognisable but mysterious nevertheless. "Hello?" (Y/N) took a step closer, her curiosity taking her by the hand.

The shadows head suddenly turned towards her, staring momentarily before relaxing. "Ah, (Y/N)" The silhouette took a step forward. A young boy dressed in blue emerged from the mist, his golden-yellow eyes having bright amber flecks under the sparse light. The familiar ghostly-pale skin was a clear giveaway on who it was. "Mitsuki, I'm surprised to see you here." Suddenly, all of the previous anxieties dissolved away.

Mitsuki was a familiar face (Y/N) saw around the school. Usually tagging along with Boruto, she couldn't help but find herself gravitating towards him. He was certainly odd, but it was those unnatural blue locks of his that truly caught her attention. He was an anomaly to society's standard; blending in just a little too well while standing out in just the right amount.

(Y/N) took another good look at her surroundings "...actually, I'm not surprised you're in a spooky place like this"

Mitsuki smiled that fake smile of his. At this point, she was used to the malice behind it "I think this place is rather beautiful" A hum left him, like he was agreeing with himself "This type of weather reminds me of home."