Chapter 11

Eva's POV

Unfortunately I didn't keep my word to the twins and didn't talk to them for a week. I barely saw them during the day and I felt uncomfortable interrupting their conversations with the other Gryffindors.

"Miss Jackson," Snape's monotone voice snapped me out of my thoughts. "I said switch seats with Miss Chang. Since Miss Chang and Miss Calle are unable to make a decent potion."

I looked over at the usually bored Laurie to see a twisted look stuck on her face. As I start to gather my books Snape's lips twisted upward slightly.

He's doing this on purpose. I try to keep the scowl off my face as I move to my new seat.

As I settled in, Snape continued his pointless lesson.

"You are going to punch me again?"

"Are you going to be an arse again? What's your problem with me. We used to be best friends."

"Don't act all innocent after what you did-"

"Miss Jackson and Calle 5 points taken from each of you for talking while I'm teaching," Snape interrupted us clearly more amused than angry.

We didn't dare speak or even look at each other the rest of the lesson. Though Snape was amused now, he could quickly give us detentions for months. As soon as Potions was over I ran out the room and away from Laurie before she insult me again.

With my luck as I was running out I turned the corner and hit into a tall redhead.

"Well look who I finally found," Fred smirked at me, while George was nowhere in sight. My heartbeat increased to quickly.

"What happened to "I'll see you two later" Ev? Avoiding me? And George?"

"No I'm not avoiding you two...it's just-well you have your friends and I didn't want to bother-"

"Now you wouldn't bother us at all." he wraps one arm around me and starts walking. "We ought to get to know each other better...since we live together now."

"What do you want to know then?"

"Anything. Your favorite color...favorite animal...oh, if little Ev fancies anyone?" He smirks down at me.

I look down trying to hide the blush creeping on my cheeks. "Well er...I don't-"

"Fred!" I couldn't help but to sigh in relief. I could get out of this.

Angelina ran up to us as I stepped back a little, away from his arm wrapped around me.

"Hey Angelina, how are you?"

"Oh fine Eva," I tried not to react as she lended into Fred. "Sorry to interrupt but I need Fred for a study date."

"Oh date. Fred why didn't you tell me?" I kept my voice surprisingly smooth as Angelina cut the redhead off before he could speak.

"We have to go, bye Eva."

I just nodded and walk off rather quickly, trying to ignore the jealousy I feel. And just to my luck I run right into the other half of the redheaded twins.

"George were you hiding there?"

"Maybe," he sighed rubbing the back of his neck. I tried to give him my best smile. Why did I have to realize I like Fred right then. Right when he gets a girlfriend.

"Well I better go. Homework you know."

"Eva wait," he looks like he wants to say something but nothing else comes out of his mouth.

"What?"

"I-er...you should join Fred and I for some pranks sometime. I know we'd both love to have you."

"I'll think about it," I fake smile before we go out separate ways. As I hurry to my next class I try not to think about Angelina and Fred together.