First time - George Russell

Requested by uniquejulia. oh my god, I love this one! I hope you like it too!! x

Tonight was a dinner with all the Formula One drivers, and they could bring someone along if they wanted too. Your boyfriend being George Russell, he wanted to take you with him. It was the first time that you were going to be at an event like this. Yes, you have been at races before, but this was different.

You were quite nervous when you walked into the restaurant. You could see that you arrived a little early, not may drivers were here yet. Would you just hang around George the whole evening? You didn't want to be that type of girl; the one who couldn't leave her boyfriend.

'Let's sit over there with Charles and Lando,' George said as he grabbed your hand and you made your way to the table at the back. It was a long table, but only three people were sitting at it.

'You made it!' Lando said as he got up from his chair and hugged the both of you. You have seen Lando plenty of times, so it was fun that you were sitting at a table with him. That was at least one person that you knew. You and Charles had only quickly met when George was gaming.

'Y/N, this is Charles and his girlfriend Charlotte,' George introduced you to the couple.

'Nice to meet you. I've heard so much about you,' Charlotte said.

'Really?' You looked from her to George, who was slightly blushing.

You both sat down at the table. George going into a conversation with Lando and Charles.

Charlotte turned around to you. 'I've never seen you at an event before, first time?' she asked.

'Yeah, that obvious?'

Charlotte started to laugh. 'No, not really, but I have a thing with recognizing people. But I'm glad you're here. I always like meeting new girlfriends from drivers,' she smiled.

You smiled back and looked around. More and more drivers started to come in, and drivers joined your table. You were introduced to the people you haven't met before.

But you mostly talked with Charlotte.

'So, how did you and George meet?' she asked as the food was being served.

'We met a few years ago at a party of a common friend. We just clicked. We stayed friends for a very long time and a few months back he showed up at my house and asked me to dinner, and now we're dating,' you said with a smile.

'Awwh, that sounds so cute. So you have been at a race before?'

'I have. I travel with George as much as I can, but sometimes it's hard with work and then studies.'

Charlotte nods understandingly. 'It can be tough to deal with school, but also trying to spend as much time with them as you can. Because when we're free, they're working and when they are free, we're working. The balance is hard to find at first, but it does all pay off. And the weekends off are extra special.'

'I know! It's hard when they're away, but when they're home, you appreciate their time just a little bit more.'

The two of you talked for the rest of the evening. You were waiting for the dessert when you felt someone looking at you. You looked up and saw George looking at you with a smile on his face.

'What are you smiling at?' you asked him quietly.

'You. Having fun?' He grabbed your hand and pressed a kiss against it.

'I do. They should do this more often.'

George's smile got wider. He loved to hear that you were enjoying your time. It really meant a lot to him.

'Well, we could always organize a barbecue in the summer or something with some of the drivers. Not all of them, because not all of them fit in my apartment.'

You chuckled. 'That could be fun. We'll see what we're going to do this summer. But I'm glad you took me with you tonight.'