Chapter 36

I woke up to light tapping on my shoulder. The taps were soft and slow.

I shifted a little and Blake jumped. "Did I wake you up?" He asked.

"Yeah." I giggled, slowly sitting up.

"Sorry." He chuckled as I rubbed my eyes. "What time is it?" I mumbled.

He looked back at his phone. "9:00."

"AT NIGHT?" I gasped.

"Yes at night dipshit." He laughed. "My sleep schedule is fucked." I sighed.

"Well if it makes you feel any better I fell asleep too. I just woke up like 20 minutes ago." He said, scrolling through his phone.

"Well. Okay." I said.

I sat with my back against the headboard of my bed, imitating Blake's position.

Had he slept like that? Ouch.

"Hey Blake?" I said.

"Yeah what's up?" He answered, putting down his phone and turning his head to look at me.

"What if we can't stop the villain league?" I mumbled. "I mean, we were so close to dying yesterday I-"

"Listen to me." He smiled.

"Everything is going to be okay. I know I say that a lot, but I mean it." He said, putting his hand on mine.

I smiled and we interlocked our fingers. "Oh and how the fuck did you get out of the nurses office before me? We got the same amount of poison or whatever right? You might have gotten more than me to be honest." I laughed.

"I'm just tougher than you." He smirked.

"Well I've beaten you in a lot of fights so we're pretty much even."

"I've still won more times though."

"Oh quit it." I scoffed playfully.

"So what should we do tonight?" He asked. "I don't know. Maybe we can go on a walk or something." I suggested, tilting my head.

"Well let's go then." He smiled, jumping off the bed. I rolled my eyes and got up as well.

He grabbed my hand and dragged me out of the dorm, pulling me down the hallway and stairs.

"What the hell are you doing?" I yelled, laughing.

He only laughed in response as he kept dragging me around.

Once he finally stopped I tried to catch my breath. He started laughing at my suffering.

"You're an ass." I said.

"I know." He chuckled.

We walked into the forest.

The forest is like the main character I swear.

We talked for a while, admiring the little creatures. Except for the spiders. Fuck spiders.

"I love talking to you." Blake muttered under his breath.

I smiled and looked to the ground for a second before responding. "I love talking to you too."

We walked in silence for a little while, just enjoying each other's company. It was a comfortable silence.

Not awkward, or weird.

Then he stopped walking, and turned back.

"What's up Blake?" I asked.

_________________________

BLAKE'S POV:

I saw her turn around and smile at me. Her smile. It could fix anything.

She walked closer to me, so I smiled back.

"You okay?" She asked.

"Oh yeah I'm fine." I answered, putting my hand on my neck.

I looked at her beautiful light blue eyes. They glistened in the moonlight.

I always melt at the sight of them. I always melt at the sight of her.

She can help me. She can fix things.

But what if I don't want to be helped? Everything was going great before I fell for her.

And then I fell for her.

I blocked everyone out of my mind before this stupid school. Then when I saw her at the tour I didn't know what to think.

I instantly had the urge to mess with her after she talked for a while. She hated it. She hated me.

Then, at the masquerade, I knew I had caught feelings.

I'm not a feely type of person. I hate a lot of people. After middle school I put up walls. I only talked to people I trusted, and that was a very select few.

I kept looking at her, even though it might be awkward.

She's just so perfect.

But I can't. She's just gonna get hurt.

I shook everything off and stepped closer to her.

_______________________

TAYLOR'S POV:

We stood in silence for what felt like forever. I was thinking.

Probably overthinking.

His hair was messy, and it fell over his eyes. I always wondered how he could see.

He was looking at me, staring. I caught myself staring at him too, but I'm sure he didn't mind.

Soon enough we were inches apart. I tilted my head upwards a bit to look into his eyes again.

I won't describe them. I'm nice like that. I've probably talked about them so much.

He moved his hand and touched my chin, and pulled me closer to him.

Our lips melted together, instantly creating fireworks in my body.

My hands roamed up his torso and they stopped at his shoulders. His hand gradually moved to cup my cheek.

Everything felt so perfect, so right. Yet, I couldn't shake the feeling that something was off. Whether it was me, or him.

I couldn't have cared less about that though.

Once we finally parted, we looked into each others eyes again, and I smiled.

He smiled back, and looked at the ground.

I giggled in happiness and he looked at me again, chuckling.

I reached for his hand and grabbed it, deciding to pull him around.

"Hey this is my thing!" He yelled. "It's not just your thing!" I retorted.

"You are such an idiot." He laughed.

"But you like this idiot." I smiled.

"Can't disagree there."