FIVE

I do not own the song, the characters, and pictures. I just edited the pictures. However this story is mine, and please do not copy it. Be original.
Song: Antidote
Artist: Faith Marie
Chapter Name: ⚠️ Just Breathe ⚠️
This chapter has extremely graphic descriptions of a panic attack, self harm, and rape. Read at your own risk.
__________________________________________________________________________________

T H I R D P E R S O N P O V

Izuku wants to curl up in a ball and die.

More specifically, he wants to steal Mr. Aizawa's sleeping bag and suffocate inside by cocooning himself with no air.

Tomorrow is finally the day; the day that his path to justice or ultimate despair starts. Over a course of multiple days his fate will be decided, but tomorrow he'll have to face him again for the first time in nearly four months.

Mr. Aizawa told Izuku that he'll be sitting next to him the whole time so nothing bad can happen to him, but Izuku isn't worried for himself physically.

It's being hurt horribly mentally that scares the ever-loving shit out of him.

Either way, however, it's not like he ever wants to cross paths with his biological father ever again. He never wants to feel the way when he lost his dignity that night. He was only six.

The fact that he has to face the man tomorrow is killing him inside.

•••

Laying on his bed, curling himself into a very unattractive position, Izuku holds onto himself tight, as a way of grounding that Katsuki taught him. They both have gone through trauma...similar to each other, and this is one of the way the angry blonde copes.

Katsuki also taught Izuku how to find objects and uses his senses to calm himself down. Katsuki had said that All Might taught him that one, and Izuku couldn't ignore his urge to try it the last time he felt like this. It worked, well enough he guesses. It doesn't have a full effect unless someone else is grounding you as well.

The greenette feels his breathing pace increase as he starts to panic over the thought of what tomorrow will bring.

He attempts to think of ways to calm himself back down, but those thoughts are drowned out by the memories overtaking him.

"Lay down on the fucking floor."

Izuku starts to pull at his hair, rocking himself back and forth. He doesn't even attempt to stop the waterfall of salty tears that fall down his freckled cheeks. The greenette pulls at his hair stronger, begging for the torture to stop.

"This is your fucking punishment. I can't believe you still don't have a quirk."

Izuku starts to wheeze, trying to absorb any air he can. He tries to think happy thoughts, like Tokoyami suggested, but any thoughts of close friends make him feel even worse.

"No one will believe you, not even those you call family. You'll never belong anywhere."

Izuku can faintly hear the door open, but his mind is too far gone to really focus on it. He coughs up some phlegm as he starts to scratch his face.

"Izuku, I brought you a weigh—" The familiar voice pauses.

Shouta stops in his tracks when he sees the teenager frantically scratching his face raw. He quickly shakes off his shock and practically sprints over to the shaking boy. Shouta wipes his hand in front of Izuku's face, trying to alert the kid of his presence.

Izuku slowly lifts his head up to look at Shouta moving his hands up back to his hair. Shouta is one step ahead of the teenager, and swiftly but softly takes Izuku's hands into his own, stopping him from hurting himself.

"Mr. A-Aiza—"

Shouta cuts the boy of with "Shh, it's okay."

Izuku blinks out a new round of tears, as Shouta lays a gray weighted blanket around the trembling teen. The man originally had come up to give Izuku the weighted blanket to help him with his anxiety, and it's a good thing he did. Shouta has one of his own, and he keeps it with him in his famous, yellow sleeping-bag.

Shouta gently places the boy's hands down in his lap, and caresses his hand on the teenager's cheek; wiping away most of his tears.

Izuku practically melts into the touch, as the cold of Shouta's hand feels good against the red scratches left on his face from moments ago. Shouta tenderly wraps an arm around Izuku, pulling him into a hug. The latter instantly burrows his head in Shouta's shoulder while starting to sob again.

•••

When Shouta finally feels Izuku completely relax against him, he sighs in relief. The tired man gently rubs circles on the boy's back until Hizashi arrives with the glass of water Shouta had texted him to bring. The blonde has his own tears in the corner of his eyes. Shouta doesn't blame him. Seeing a child you hold so dearly go through so much pain can hurt you so much too. He and Hizashi both have gotten attached to Izuku—and all the other kids—after living with them these past few months.

Hizashi places the cup of water down on the desk placed in between Izuku and Yuuga's beds. The blonde then takes a seat on the bed next to Izuku, rubbing the kids shoulder as a form of comfort. The two husbands look helplessly at each other.

They don't know what to do.

Tsukauchi had tried to somehow convince the court to let the teenager only need to come in on specific days, but that idea was quickly shut down.

Izuku is going to be nothing but miserable during the trial, and the two know that these types of trials can last for months at a time. Izuku won't be able to handle that, and Shouta and Hizashi both know it.

But they don't know what to do. They're trying everything they can to make this child feel comfortable.

They really wish they could do more though.

__________________________________________________________________________________

And the Hisashi trials are about to begin. I feel so bad for torturing Izuku in the chapter. However, it's needed for plot development in the story.

Anyway, I'm gonna go write the next chapter. See you later!