Chapter 9

The next morning....

I didn't realise I had slept all the way until morning. I woke up feeling even worse than yesterday. My insides were burning even more and my throat was sore and raw from coughing. Drowning side effects are no joke, and I've learned that the hard way.

I got out of bed and opened the bedroom door, not knowing what I was going to see. I walked out of the room and shielded my eyes from the bright light of the kitchen and living room.

"Enzo?" I called out. "I'm going to head home now, I'll give you your clothes back when-"

A rattle from the kitchen made me pause. I looked towards it to see Enzo, dressed in a tight white t shirt making food. My mouth forcefully yawned, and I covered it while walking up to him with lowered eyebrows.

"What?" He asked.

"Where is Enzo?"

"Just shut the fuck up and sit down. At least eat before you leave." He poured fried eggs on a plate and pulled some toast from the toaster. He buttered the toast and then put it on the plate, pushing it in front of me over the counter.

"You aren't going to eat?" I asked.

He washed his hands in the sink, shaking his head. "No."

I started to eat my food in silence, as he cleaned the kitchen a little. So the man-whore can do housework....

I won't lie it was kinda refreshing seeing the sight. I always thought men, especially ones like him were lazy and unclean. I guess I was wrong.

"You seem surprised." He drawled as he wiped his hand with a hand towel.

"I'm not surprised. You just have a side I've never seen before." I replied looking down at my plate.

When I finished my food, I took the plate to the sink. "Well, thanks for everything but I should go home."

"Okay, I'll take you."

"I can go by mysel-"

"I said I'll take you." He repeated which made me lower my eyebrows with irritation. I guess we were both stubborn in the same way.

"I'm going by myself Enzo." I sternly clarified and walked out of the front door before he could stop me.

—————

The further I walked towards him, the more his face twisted with worry.

"You never came to class yesterday." Roman asked.

"I'm fine. I was just tired." I lied as the two of us walked through the hallways. From a distance I saw Enzo coming, walking with another girl. I rolled my eyes mentally, before keeping my focus on Roman.

"You have to come to the Halloween party Shy." He desperately implored.

"Roman-" I rubbed my head with frustration. "I told you."

Someone walked past me and bumped into Roman. "Ow." Roman said as he rubbed his arm.

"Hey, watch where you're going." I snapped, and the person turned around. I saw that it was Jonny which irritated me even more.

"Aww did I hurt your friend?" He mocked.

"Come on Roman. Dickheads don't have a place here." I said and walked away to try and resist the urge to smack him. I walked through the hallways and almost left the building but he followed me trying to say something.

"Neither do sluts. I saw you leaving Enzo's place yesterday." He sneered.

I whipped around with those words, my eyes narrowing. "Nothing happened there."

"Well that's not what he was saying." Jonny said with a half grin.

I paused to think for a second. Why would Enzo even do that? I know why, because he's a fucking playboy. I should have expected this, I'm going to kill Enzo Santini.

I shouldered past a smirking Jonny, before stopping and coming back to him. I threw him a slap before going my way.

"That...that man-whore!!!" I muttered as I walked through the hallway looking for Enzo.

"Hey Shy, nice job letting Enzo hit it." A guy laughed.

I spotted Enzo from a distance talking to a group of girls, and shook my head with irritation. I stormed up to him and grabbed his wrist.

He was confused as I dragged him into a closet and closed the door."You fucking asshole." I cursed as I punched his shoulder.

"What did I do." He asked, genuinely confused.

"You told everyone we slept together?" I asked, deeply hoping he didn't and that this was just a misunderstanding.

He froze, and started to seem pretty guilty. "I didn't say that." He pauaed. "I didn't deny it either."

"Are you insane? Do you know how fast rumours spread? If my brother finds out-"

My phone started to ring, and instantly I knew it was Theo. I looked at Enzo to see him unaffected. I answered my quest to slap him before he grabbed my wrist.

"Calm down. It's not a big deal."

Calm down? Calm down?!

I took my other hand and punched his jaw but he didn't seem affected from the hit. I went in to punch him again before he grabbed my other wrist. He was now holding both of my hands in his grip.

I struggled to escape from his grasp. I almost felt ashamed of myself for not being stronger, yet I still beat his ass at the ring.

He put both of my wrists in one of his hands and whipped me around.

"Let me go." I muttered while squirming. He moved his face close to my neck, I could feel his warm minty breath already hitting off of my skin.

"Not until you calm down." His voice softly spoke and sent shivers around my body with how close his mouth was to my skin.

I stopped squirming for the sake of my freedom, and eventually he released me. "What's the deal with this brother of yours then signora?"

I exhaled, running my hands through my hair. This brother of mine that would never let me step foot outside again if he found out I was here sleeping with guys.

"It's complicated."

"Is someone bothering you?" He asked genuinely concerned.

"Yes, you're bothering me Enzo. Just stay away from me." I said slowly before leaving the closet. As soon as I opened the door, I realised we were surrounded by a group of nosy people whispering.

I couldn't with them, it was as if they had nothing better to do than gossip. This was high school all over again.