Year 5-7 | Dumbledore's Army (3)

I walked down the corridors to see Neville sitting on one of the benches along the corridors. He was staring aimlessly into a wall with a blank facial expression, he looked sad.

"What's wrong Neville?" I asked sitting besides him. He slowly turned to face me looking at my eyes for a second before quickly looking away.

"Draco said my parents are probably glad they can't remember me" He said in a mere whisper. My eyes widened when I heard that, it was definitely not something I was expecting.

"Well Neville you know that is not true"

"Is it really Evelyn? I was almost a squib, I didn't have magical powers until I fell off a tree and survived. I can't do anything correctly. If my parents still remembered me I would be a disappointment to them"

Disappointment to the family. I know what it felt like. I got placed in Gryffindor, became inseparable with a muggleborn, chose Hogwarts over Beauxbatons. I don't want to title myself as a disappointment though, I came to change my thoughts on it. I'm proud to be myself, not fitting in to any of mother's expectations.

"Neville, you're talented in Herbology. You even helped Harry get past the second task" I said placing a hand on his shoulder. He looked up at me slowly and gave a small smile.

"You really think so?" He asked.

"Of course, never seen anyone know more about Herbology than you. You're also really determine and brave. Remember when you were going to fight Harry Hermione Ron and I back in our first year?"

"You still remember that?" His smiling got bigger and his eyes lit up.

"Of course, it was something a true Gryffindor would do"

"Thanks Evelyn. I really thought you were intimidating and scary when I first saw you but you're really not"

"Thanks Neville.. I'm not the only one who's different inside. Draco is not all bad, he'll act like a total scum but really he's not. Try to understand that". He nodded slowly and a big smile formed on my face. I got up out of the bench and faced him.

"We have bigger things to worry about Neville, let's go find a place for us to practice" He smiled and got up beside me.

The two of us walked down the corridors in silence. It wasn't an uncomfortable silence, we were just too busy thinking about a place. Preferably inside the castle, it would be a safer option since we wouldn't have to sneak out for every meeting. I would ask Profesor McGonagall but she would totally freak out and say this was a mad idea. The Astronomy Tower is usually empty but seeing Draco goes there half the time it wasn't safe either. Chamber of Secrets was too traumatic, not to forget the giant dead snake.

I was too busy trapped in my minds when I noticed Neville was no longer walking beside me. I turned back to see Neville standing still staring at a wall.

"Neville?" I called out walking towards him. The wall in front of him started to take shape as a door. The room of requirements, one that only shows up to the people in great need. It'll supply the founder with anything he wishes at the moment that could be supplied.

"You've found the Room of Requirements, excellent Neville!" I turned to face him giving him a huge genuine smile. He was thrown back and he had the same blank expression.