e p i l o g u e

Breathe in, breathe out.

She could do this. Just walk down the aisle and say her vows. Simple, right?

Oh, who was she kidding? She was probably going to trip on the way to the altar, tear her beautiful white dress, and sprain her ankle.

She was basically a huge walking bundle of mess in a wedding dress at this point.

Her wedding dress.

She could hardly believe it.

The beautiful white dress was designed to fit her perfectly. The delicate white lace with a light peach undertone made her shine like an angel with a long A-line skirt that flowed delicately around her as she walked. It really was going to be a bummer if she did trip and rip the beautiful lace— just thinking about it made her heart break.

 It really was going to be a bummer if she did trip and rip the beautiful lace— just thinking about it made her heart break

It was a private event— their wedding. Since Xavier was a favorite among the media, news broke out about their relationship and their wedding a couple of months back. He had apologized profusely for having their photos plastered all over the media, and she did have to admit, she wasn't used to all the attention she was getting. But with Xavier by her side, there was nothing to be afraid of.

As Aurora stood staring at herself in the mirror, she couldn't believe that today was the day.

Today was the day she was going to marry the love of her life and officially become Mrs. Aurora Knight. And she couldn't help but feel the butterflies flutter around in her stomach.

She had already cried once when her mother walked in while she was putting on the dress. Heather immediately had tears in her eyes when she saw how beautiful Aurora had looked in her wedding dress. And of course, that ended up triggering Aurora to cry.

After their little crying session, Maddie performed some magic with her makeup skills and made it seem like she wasn't crying at all. Her best friend was truly an angel sent from above as the woman wasn't even angry when Aurora had cried. In fact, she even cried along with the mother-daughter duo. Aurora honestly couldn't have asked for a better maid of honor than her best friend.

A small commotion outside the room, where she was given a little peace and quiet to gather her thoughts before the wedding started, disrupted her from her thoughts.

"Xavier, you can't see her before the wedding— it's bad luck."

She could hear Isabella's scolding from outside of her room. Having a loud voice definitely helped the woman raise 6 kids.

"I just want to talk to her for a second, ma," Xavier protested, before opening the door. The room was designed in a way where right when you enter, there was a small waiting room for the bridesmaids and maid of honor to rest. To the right, through the open entryway, was the dressing room where the bride would get ready.

"Hi, baby," he greeted casually, leaning back against the wall, not facing the entrance. He knew he was going to get shit if he saw Aurora before the wedding, despite desperately wanting to see her and touch her.