Together

Oh Rani, where art thou Rani?
I'm sitting here, alone in this tree
I don't know where my Rani may be
I hope that she will be okay
I will help her through this all the way
What will happen to us, I haven't a clue
It'll be okay, long as I'm with my Rani...boo?

What in the world is that rhyme?

Kion was sitting in the Tree, waiting for either Rani or Surak to return. He felt like it was taking forever, but it was probably because he was anxious about Rani. And whether or not he was going to die today.

Kion was humming to himself, trying to calm his nerves. Hakuna Matata, what a wonder phras-

Footsteps could be heard outside the Tree, and, a moment later, Surak and a female lion appeared.

"Hello," Kion introduced himself once they entered far enough into the tree. "I'm Kion, the-"

"Prince of the Pridelands, I know. Surak told me," the female lion finished. "I'm Nirmala, the healer of the Tree of Life."

"Nice to meet you, Nirmala."

She smiled at him. "Same to you, Kion. Now, let's look at your paw."

Meanwhile, at the other side of the Tree of Life territory, Baliyo had found where Rani ran off to. She went to the place.

"Hi, Rani," Baliyo announced his presence.

Rani turned around. "Oh, hi, Baliyo."

The place was at the top of a cliff, near a waterfall. The reason for it being the place was because it was where he, Rani, and their parents always used to come.

The whole lands were visible from there; countless hours spent chatting.

"Remember the time," Rani reminisced, "when you almost fell off the cliff, but ma and pa saved you."

"How could I not?" Baliyo chuckled.

"They said 'it's not your time yet'. Do you think they thought it was their time?"

Baliyo took a moment to think and respond.

"I think they knew they had to protect this place, even if it meant dying. They're in a better place now because of it."

Rani sighed. "It just sucks, ya know? I mean, I'm the reason they died, and I couldn't even say goodbye."

Baliyo shook his head. "One, it's not your fault. Those intruders were going to attack home no matter what. By the time Surak and I got their to help, they had already left this world. Mom and Dad were able to weaken them enough to the point where they couldn't fight against us."

A worried look appeared on Rani's face. "Are they going to come back?"

"No. They had...uhh...refused to leave, which, sadly, left us no choice but to make sure the Tree's safety was secure."

Rani nodded her head. "I understand."

"Two, there is no need for goodbyes. As long as we are here, they will look over us. If all goes according to plan, we'll meet with them again one day."

It then began to drizzle. Although no storm would probably come of it, Baliyo wasn't taking any chances.

"Okay, I do not want a repeat of what happened before," Baliyo chuckled, also wanting to change from the saddened air around them.

"Alrighty," Rani agreed. She sounded more understanding with her parents death, much of which to do with Baliyo.

On the way back to the Tree, one question had been bugging him. He figured he knew the answer, so he wanted to tease her.

"So, Rani, I couldn't help but noticed you came to the Tree with an unknown lion. Care explaining who he is?" he grinned.

"He just so happens to be my boyfriend."

"And you've know this lion for how long?"

"It doesn't matter; he got such a nice heart. He's loving, funny, and..."

"Oh so handsome."

"Yeah," Rani dreamily muttered. "Wait a second! Hey!"

Baliyo chuckled in response.

In a few short minutes, they arrived at the Tree, where they saw Kion being examined by Nirmala.

"Hey guys," Rani announced her presence once she and Baliyo entered.

Kion was visibly relieved. Hallelujah! Someone I know; someone I lov-

"Perfect timing, I just finished checking out Kion," Nirmala stated as Rani and Baliyo got closer.

That sounds so wrong.

"What's the verdict?" Surak asked.

Nirmala's face got pale for a second, but she quickly covered it up. "It should heal properly. I just need a few flowers to make a healing agent."

"I'll help you look for them," Surak offered, wanting to help in Kion's recovery.

Nirmala give him an unsure look, which confused him. "Okay then, let's go."

Nirmala and Surak left the Tree, and as a result, only Kion, Rani, and Baliyo were left.

"So...Kion, this is Baliyo. Baliyo, this is Kion," Rani formally introduced the lions.

"Nice to meet you," they both replied.

"So, Kion," Baliyo started, "you know where I'm from, but where are you from?"

"The Pridelands."

Baliyo's eyes shot open. "Isn't that, like, really far?"

Kion slowly nodded his head.

"What's going to happen between the two of you?" Baliyo asked, concerned that his sister's heart may be broken.

"I don't know," Kion once again admitted, "but we're going to get through it together."

Kion glanced over to Rani, the two exchanging smiles.

Together.