chapter thirteen

chapter thirteen:: beside you

MY feet ran faster than my mind as I went down the streets of Hollywood. I first stopped at the Hollywood Club, though Caleb told all of his guards to not to let me in no matter what, so my second choice was the Orpheum. The least I can do is warn Julie.

Though, that didn't help as there were guards there too. I huffed, trying to look over their shoulders, "Please, I have to speak to Julie. It's an emergency."

"Tickets are sold out, alright?" One of them told me, "No ticket, no entry."

"Please, this a life or death situation right now," I grunted, trying to push past security, but they didn't even budge, "Please, let me just-"

"Ma'am, I'm sorry, we can't-"

"Dawn," I looked to my left to see Hayes approaching me with furrowed brows, "What are you doing here?"

"I'm trying to get through, but they won't let me in," I breathed out before he nodded and went up to the guy and held out a ticket before whispering to them.

The security silently nodded and Hayes glanced back, meeting my confused look, "Come on."

I hesitantly followed him as he walked past the guards, but once we got inside I grabbed his sleeve so he'd look at me, "What are you doing?"

"What are you talking about?"

"You know what I'm talking about," I narrowed my eyes, "Why are you here and why are you helping me?"

"Because these guys seem like they mean a lot to you," He told me, "And even though I've warned you of the risks, I know you're still going to do what you think is right because you always do." I let him go as he went on, "But there are still going to be consequences, Dawn. Either you or them is going to get hurt in this process."

I lowered my head briefly before sighing, "I have to go." He nodded and I brushed past him to go through the crowd of people, but I noticed Julie was already up on stage playing her piano. I subtly try to catch her attention, but by the time I did, Alex suddenly appeared on stage playing drums. My body filled with relief just by the sight of him, but I grinned when I saw Reggie then appear playing bass. They're okay, I thought, especially when I saw Luke now trying to appear on stage. When he did, I instantly met his eyes and he smiled at me.

My eyes involuntarily stayed locked on his up until they finished their song and I made me way to the front of the crowd. I then looked at the guys, noticing them all smiling at me before they took a bow with Julie and disappeared off of the stage, leaving Julie by herself. They're gone, I then thought, my smile slowing disappearing from my face, they're gone too.

( THE NEXT DAY )

"Dawn," My mother called me and I looked away from myself in the mirror to see her with a wide grin on her face, "Are you nervous?"

"I would be lying if I said I wasn't," I laughed shortly, but looked at myself again, fixing out my black dress, "I feel like I'm going to a funeral."

"You look amazing, sweetie," She then came up behind me and helped fix my hair, "What's with your frown?"

I look at my reflection, noticing I did have a frown, "It's nothing, I just.." I paused and lowered my head, "It's nothing, let's go."

"Okay, did you contact your father?" She asked and I nodded.