7.14

"Your Majesty, this seems a bit sudden, is it not?" Mian Huaran was the first to speak her mind. Though her words were still a bit careful, it was clear that she was disagreeing to this thought.

Hui Yin set down the cup, eyes suddenly growing cold, "Mian Fei, my job as the Empress is to ensure that His Majesty has plenty of offsprings. I need to watch and carefully monitor the ladies who will enter this palace, to make sure that they are excellent in all skills. His Majesty has been the Emperor for over five years now but has own sire three children." As she said this, her cup that clinked in the quiet room was able to assert her strong aura. Her eyes shone, cold and cunning, challenging all who dared to refuse her words.

Shu Lirong shrunk back, obviously not intending to get involved.

Mian Huaran bit her lips at this, worry etched in her eyes.

"This... the bigger the harem becomes, won't problems begin to arise? The more women that enter, the more troubling matters will become." Qi Meizhen was angry. She was angry that Hui Yin would be able to make such a decision when she had been in the harem the longest, even giving birth to two children. Yet, in her moment of anger, she had slipped up in her act.

Mian Huaran and Shu Lirong had both noticed, and they both looked in shock at Qi Meizhen's words. Mian Huaran even inched away as Hui Yin's aura got darker. Neither were expecting Qi Meizhen to say such words when she had spent so long trying to gain favor. But it was only explainable as her position was stolen away from her. Yet, Mian Huaran also couldn't help but smirk softly, eyes glimmering as she touched her stomach.

Hui Yin's eyes grew even sharper, and in a cold and venomous voice, she then asked, "Is Qi Guifei stating that with myself becoming Empress, I was also causing more troubles for the harem?" Saying this, Hui Yin smacked her arm onto the armrest on her chair, slapping it as it echoed in the room.

Qi Meizhen finally realized just what she had said and she hurriedly got up and bowed into the ground, Liang planted her body on the ground even trembling softly.

Qi Meizhen's body shook. In a moment of anger and carelessness, she had just caused a big mistake that could damage her position forever. She had been thinking of her brother, of the Emperor, and in a moment of envy and anger, had lost control of her words.

"Your Majesty, my words were wrong. I did not think carefully enough. Of course, now that Your Majesty has become the Empress, only fortune will come for the harem!" Qi Meizhen hurried to fix her mistake.

Hui Yin sneered, anger still showing in her eyes. "Qi Guifei, I have treated you with respect for you are the concubine who has been by His Majesty's side the longest, even giving birth to two children for His Majesty. And yet, a mere concubine like you dares to say such words towards me? I am a princess of the Hui Nation, His Majesty chose me as his Empress!" Hui Yin grabbed her cup of tea and smashed it onto the ground. The porcelain broke on the ground, scattering as the tea spilt, the sound echoing in the room.

It was at this moment that everyone realized that Hui Yin was not to be trifled with.

Mian Huaran and Shu Lirong hurried to bow down, every servant in the room bowed down. Mian Huaran, who was pregnant, didn't even care that she was pregnant. Right now, Hui Yin was truly angered. No one had seen the Empress so angry since she entered the palace.

"Your Majesty, please calm your anger!"

Everyone bowed, their heads nearly touching the ground.

Qi Meizhen could only bite her lips, her head on the ground as she hid her angry eyes. She clenched her fist with fury. What Guifei? In front of the Empress, she could only bow her head down and act like a lowly concubine. The power and glory she held from before the Empress had entered the harem was now gone. She was not the Emperor's first wife, she wasn't the rightful wife but only the secondary wife... she couldn't even be the one the Emperor loved, only the woman who stole and ruined his life.