C H A P T E R 54

Y/n's POV

"Aren't birthdays supposed to be special?"

"In most cases yeah. But in my case, not so much."

He didn't respond, so I assumed he didn't want to hear anymore.

"You could've asked if you needed help." He mumbled out.

"Eh, it's not like I needed help picking an ice cream flavor. Well actually, I did but I didn't want it."

"That's not what I meant."He said more clearly. I averted my eyes towards him to show he had my full attention.

"You were in the middle of something dangerous, completely defenseless. Who knows what could've happened if I wasn't there." He finished. It went silent for a bit before I leaned my head my head on his shoulder and felt him stiffen a bit.

"I wasn't hopeless, I had a pocket knife on me that I was ready to use the whole time. In fact, my hand hurts from gripping it too hard." I said, putting my hand in the air limply due to the slight pain.

"Tch."

"I love proving you wrong Fido."

"And just when I thought you'd drop the fucking name."

"Aw, I thought you'd grow onto the nickname by now."

"Doubt it."

Silence.

"You want me to stop?"

"Hm?"

"You want me to stop calling you Fido?"

I can feel my heart beat waiting for this answer. The tension in the air was thick, and I had absolutely no telling of what he was going to say.

"Tch, do whatever you want." He responded. I smiled contently because according to the dictionary of Masky's language, that means, in quote,

'I want you to keep calling me that but I can't say that because it's too embarrassing for me to say that to you.'

Yeah, the dictionary is a bit complex but when you learn the language it's quite easy.

"Get the fuck off my shoulder."

"No I'm tired~"

"Fucking swear to Zalgo-"

"Who's Zalgo? Is he that one monster with like eight mouths?"

"More or less."

There was a sudden gust of wind and the leaves on the trees rattled. The air that was already cold got even colder, and sadly I wasn't wearing a hoodie.

"I'm cold~" I whined out, rubbing my arms for warmth.

"Weren't you wearing a hoodie?"

"I took it off when I got back, I didn't think it'd be so cold." I huffed out. He let out a small scoff and I took my head off his shoulder, then rubbed my face due to the coldness.

"Here."

"What?"

"Fucking take it." He said while handing me his hoodie. I widened my eyes and felt a slight blush appearing on my face. I reached my hand out and took it, then slowly putting it on myself.

"U-uh thanks." I stuttered out.

"Whatever, we're back." I looked up to see we were, indeed, in front of the mansion. Masky already left inside and I gave a light smile before climbing up into my room.

I plopped onto my bed face forward and let my hair down. When was the last time I felt something romantic?

"Oh right there was that one time in junior year where that happened..." I mumbled out, remembering that blood rushing night.