XII. SOME WOUNDS NEVER HEAL

╔════════════════════════╗XII

XII. SOME WOUNDS NEVER HEAL
╚════════════════════════╝

[ this is a short ass chapter LMFAOFJDN ]

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

AFTER STANDING in front of the Pensieve for a good minute, Harry realized that his Aunt had collapsed to the floor, sobbing in his Godfather's arms. When had his Godfather gotten here? Harry hadn't a clue. But he was extremely grateful because Merlin knows Harry was clueless when it came to crying and women. Put the two together and . . . yeesh.

After a couple awkward moments of staring at his Aunt and exchanging a glance with Sirius that said 'I got this', Harry decided to leave the room to give them space. It was heartbreaking to see his Aunt Eloise like that. Never had he seen her look so miserable. He understood why she would be upset though; She lost her brother and the love of her life to the war. It must've been hard seeing and hearing both of them again.

In her memories, he noticed that there was a certain aura of joy she seemed to radiate. She had the brightest and most contagious smile and laugh that would bring others to smile, too.

She didn't have that same aura anymore.

Harry was pretty sure it was the loss of James, someone that was always there for her, no matter how annoying he could get, and Regulus, someone that she loved— no, still loves— with all of her heart.

Sirius had come to Eloise's home to pay a surprise visit to "his favorite Potters," as if there were any other Potters to compare them to. When he entered the house and was met with silence, he looked for the two, finding them in her bedroom looking into the Pensieve with the R.A.B. vial emptied.

So he got the tissues (for Eloise) and sat on the bed, waiting for their return.

Eloise couldn't stop crying. She wanted to, but goodness, she hadn't felt such a sense of longing and heartbreak in years. Seeing him again, practically reliving all those memories, it was a lot for her.

Regulus wanted her to continue living her life and being happy, but how could she ever continue as she was? Whether he knew it or not, he was a large part of her life, and to have him ripped away like that . . . She couldn't just move on from someone like him. She loved Regulus all the same, even if he was no longer alive. Regulus was the Lily to her James, there was never anyone else for her; He was her soulmate.

"Merlin, m'sorry about that, Sirius," said Eloise, wiping her tears away.

"No need to be sorry, Eloise . . . It's fine."

Since her brother and fiancé's deaths, people stopped calling her by her nicknames because it was too painful of a reminder that the people who made them, were gone.

"It's just— it's been fifteen years, and I still miss him. I miss both of them. I-I haven't heard someone call me 'Ellie' or 'Lou' in so long . . ."

She pulled out the necklace from under her shirt and stared at it: it was Regulus' matching necklace from Christmas their first year, and it had her engagement ring hanging on it as well.

"I miss them too, Eloise," Sirius murmured. "I miss them too . . ."