15

<Harry POV>

I decided to go to the Chambers of Secrets today. I crept out early at 5 am. Draco, Theo, and Blaise are all heavy sleepers, quite easy to sneak out. I made sure Jadeite is safely wrapped around my shoulders while walking out the Slytherin common room. 

I turned myself invisible with the spell that me and Row finalized before I left. I walked towards the 2nd floor girl bathroom, sneaking past Myrtle and random teachers.

"Open" I hissed silently.

The tap of the sink widened. I quickly slid in and noticed it was dusty and dirty. It has obviously not been opened for years. 

"Stairs and Lights."  

I climbed up the stairs and watched as lights flickered around the narrow corridors. I opened the huge heavy wooden door and was immediately greeted by a hissing sound.

"Greetings Master Harry. It has been a long time." 

Harry looked at the green long basilisk. Dakota only attacks when she wants to. Her eyes are like switches, they can turn on and off. 

"Dakota. How are you now?" Harry hissed back. 

"Fine. I smell another scent."

"That's Jadeite! My pet snake."

Jadeite peeked out from under my sleeve and hissed. "Dakota! It's been ages. Can I visit you occasionally?" 

"Yes Jadeite." Dakota hissed obviously pleased that she had a new friend. I laughed and told Jadeite that she can come here any time she wants with Dakota. With that, I left the Chamber of Secrets leaving the 2 of them.

~

I entered the Great Hall and walked towards the Slytherin table quickly. 

"Where the hell were you?" Draco asked me.

I sighed. I should've known. Draco is too overprotective, afraid that someone is going to attack me from behind. 

"Dray. I know how to protect myself. Plus I've just been visiting another old friend." I sighed, grabbing a green apple and tossing it to him before getting myself a red apple. 

"Come on Harry... Where's my one?" Blaise pouted playfully. I smirked and threw him another red apple, a green one to Theo, and a red one to Pansy. As soon as each of them caught their respective apples, 7 owls came flying towards my seat in the Slytherin table.

6 of the owls were holding a broomstick shaped package and the last owl was carrying a letter.  I eagerly opened the letter which was lucky because it said:

DO NOT OPEN THE PARCEL AT THE TABLE.

  It contains your new Nimbus Two Thousand, but I don't want everybody knowing you've got a broomstick or they'll all want one. Marcus Flint will meet you later after breakfast on the Quidditch field for your first training session.
  Severus Snape

I handed the letter to Draco, Theo, Blaise and Pansy who were envious that I got a broomstick. 

"Let's go ride it." I whispered to them eager to get back on the air. They nodded and we headed out of the great hall, broomstick under my arm, only to be stopped by Evelyn, Ron, and the mudblood.

Evelyn grabbed my broom from my hand. "That's a broomstick," she said, throwing it back to me with a mixture of jealousy and spite on her face. "You'll be in for it this time, Harry, first years aren't allowed them."