CHAPTER 5 WEDDING BELLS

Eternity's pov

As I caught a glimpse of her, it was clear that the glow that adorns a bride's face was completely absent. It was heartbreaking to see the flicker of hope in her eyes doused. I paused and turned to face myself, trying to imagine that moment from her perspective.

Eternity beautiful wedding dress

Wearing my breathtaking lace off-shoulder bridal gown, the excitement of my wedding day is undeniable

Wearing my breathtaking lace off-shoulder bridal gown, the excitement of my wedding day is undeniable. However, my eyes reveal the emotional turmoil I've experienced while preparing for the big day, leaving me looking like a crying mess. But despite the temporary struggles, I understand the true meaning of marriage - a bond built on love, respect, and trust. It's not simply a piece of paper or a ring, but something to be cherished and celebrated each and every day. Growing up, my grandmother's wedding tales instilled within me a sense of wonder and hope for my own future nuptials.Marriage is the joining of two hearts, where each partner willingly sacrifices for the happiness and well-being of the other. It's like a blooming rose, basked in the warm sunlight and dazzling in all its radiant beauty. It's a gift two soulmates give to each other, a lifelong commitment to love and cherish one another, through thick and thin. So, let us treasure our holy couplings and gift each other the promise of forever with the most special person of our lives.

Let me share with you an unfortunate reality - I am not marrying my soulmate. Rather, I am tying the knot with the Devil himself, Aaron Knight. Despite our union, we will never be united as one as I have always been a lone wolf. The man does not value me for who I am, for his sole focus is on his own accomplishments, his fame and the profitability of his multi-billion dollar empire. In his eyes, I am nothing but a traitor who may bring harm to his company and his reputation. This situation breaks my heart, and I implore you to understand the gravity of the situation.

Flashback

His voice boomed, causing me to startle and take a small step back. "I would prefer to speak with her in private," he declared, causing the others in the room to slowly disperse.As the last person left, it was just him and me, standing there in tense silence. He approached me with a menacing swagger, his piercing eyes flickering with anger and frustration.With a trembling breath, I lowered my gaze, unable to endure the ferocity of his glare. "Please believe me when I tell you that I am innocent and that I have no knowledge of that man," I implored in a hushed, strained whisper. Tears threatened to spill over, but I held them back fiercely, unwavering in my conviction of my own innocence. I had never deceived a friend or family member in my life."You do realize the severity of your situation, don't you?" he spat bitterly, his words laced with venom."I had no idea who he was, he simply handed me that file and left," I replied resolutely, feeling rooted to the spot. "I swear to you, I am telling the truth."

"Cease your deceitful ways!" he accused, falsely attributing my actions to those of a dishonest person who only seeks to gain corrupt funds. I was devastated by his baseless accusations.Who was he to pass judgment on me without evidence? I felt a white-hot rage building inside.I understand that the recent privacy breach has angered everyone, but it does not give you the right to speak to me in that offensive tone. Your words and attitude are unacceptable. My blood was boiling, and I could feel my pulse racing.In response, he clenched his fists and his eyes narrowed menacingly. Suddenly, he approached me, gripping my wrist tightly and twisting it until I cried out in pain."Don't you dare raise your voice to me," he threatened. "Or face the consequences."I couldn't stop the tears from streaming down my cheeks. After a moment, he shoved me away, and I stumbled backward, slamming into the wall and crashing to the ground.