Chapter Nineteen - Bad liar

Unedited

The ride back to the 'safehouse' was quiet, except from the few biting remarks from Diego about Penny. Cameron ignored them though, as she was stuck in her own thoughts about her biological mother. 

She had just met her real mother, the one which had given birth to her. The one that had basically grew her for nine months. The one who gave her away to save her Father.

Cameron pursed her lips as Reid pulled the truck up to the safehouse. Why had she been the 'bargaining chip'? Penny had mentioned what ever she was searching for, was what Thomas, her real father, had needed saving from. But the only thing she was searching for was her fake-parents, and they had been kidnapped. 

Or had they?

The truck door slamming closed jolted her out of her thoughts.

Cameron put a lid on them thoughts and tucked them away into her mind. She would think on this after, when everyone else had gone to bed. 

She jumped out of the truck, her feet landing on the smooth concrete floor with a thump. She didn't even wait a second before pulling her wig off and throwing it to Arlo, who caught it with surprisingly good reflexes. He smiled at her and threw the wig over his shoulder, which landed on to Diego's head.

"Hey! Watch where you're throwing things!"

Arlo sent her a mischievous smile, and Cameron had a feeling he somehow knew that would happen even though he didn't look behind himself. She couldn't help but send her own amused smile back.

"You've returned," Lloyd greeted, glancing up from his position on the sofa. He looked to Cameron. "How was she?"

"Delightful," Cameron joked sarcastically. 

"She's playing her games again," Diego muttered, dropping down beside Lloyd, who bounced at the movement.

"Well, we've all played her games before, and look where that got her." Lloyd pointed out, eyes glued back to the screen of his phone. Cameron raised an eyebrow, silently wondering where his laptop was. 

"Yeah, but this time she's playing with Cameron," Arlo remarked, still dressed within the bunny costume.

"Too bad for her," Cameron stated, taking over one of the bean bags. "I've got other things to do. She'll have to wait."

"Who will have to wait?" Myles questioned, appearing beside them all as if from thin air.

Arlo dramatically gasped in surprise, jumping away from them all in shock. Diego rolled his at his brother's antics, stretching his arms back above his head.

"Mother," Diego answered.

"Ah, yes, a lovely woman." Cameron could hear the detest dripping from his words. His attention turned to Cameron. "Did you get any answers?"

Cameron hummed indecisively. "A few, but I'm still thinking over them."

"You'll have to wait to think over them, then." Myles warned, glancing back at the med bay when movement was heard. "Kalmin wants to speak to the four of you."

"Yay," Diego muttered sarcastically. 

-------------

Cameron bit her lip nervously as the four of them, herself, Reid, Diego and Arlo, stood outside the med bay waiting for Myles to come back out from behind the curtain where Kalmin was resting. She could hear whispered mutters between the two, but not clear enough for her to hear what they were saying. 

She took a deep breath threw her nose, already knowing if her brothers got in trouble with Kalmin she was willing to take the blame. After all, she was the one that wanted to go.