New Friends

♡ ♡ ♡

                             ♡ ♡ ♡

                            ♡ ♡ ♡

"Elise...as in Damien's Elise?"

Elise raised an eyebrow at the woman. Was she in her right state of mind? Last time she checked, it was her who was married to Damien, her whom Damien had left Elise for. What in the world did she mean by Damien's Elise!?

" Elise ..as in Elise White. I don't think Damien has got to do anything with me. And even if he did, I would still like to be called by my own name and not just some man I was or am involved it. And isn't it a bit strange to address me by your husband's name Bella?"

Elise half regretted as the words left her lips, Bella was in a panic stricken daze, as she stumbled over her incoherent words. Elise could only assume that she had sounded too intimidating and assertive to scare the poor woman away.

She didn't want that, that was the last thing she wanted to say to a girl who had already been feeling low and lonely.

"I-I-.. actually..uhm,-..I didn't", Bella stumbled upon her words, questioning her own stupidity, had she really said that out loud? "Damien's Elise" seriously!? The knowledge of the big failure of her marriage with Damien was no more an astonishing fact to her, but for fuck's sake, not everyone had to know that. How can she ever cover up the great deal of idiocy she had just blurted in mere two words!?

"I..I .. Its just that, ..I am sorry, I didn't mean to. O-of course you are a woman of your own..b-but...sorry, I apologize for that, I swear I hadn't meant to, i-its just th-that-"

Elise attemped to stifle a laugh as she watched the woman before her rambling and tumbling with her words. Her plump, rose tinted lips were forced into a thin line, she knew Bella really had no proper explanation but yet proceeded to somewhat make up for her unexpected slip of tongue. But something told her that it was more to that. More to this than just a slip of tongue.

The urge to smile at Bella's flustered response vanished into air when she noticed beads of sweat adorning Bella's face, had Elise been this intimidating? To make the woman stood before her profusely sweating with mere two sentences? Elise knew she could be scary at times, something that her job and her responsibility as the CEO of the company demanded of her..but she had been mostly generous and warm to the people around her. It wasn't something she had feign, it was just who she was.