Chapter 10

There was a knock at the door, and I didn't move. "It's open." I weakly said.

The door opened and Roman poked his head through. He came in and then closed the door.

"Hey, you okay?" He asked as he sat on my bed. I remained silent. "Did you actually-"

"No I never slept with him."

"I know you didn't." He added. "Everyone's talking about it, I heard some guys saying they were the ones who wanted to hit it first. I told them to fuck themselves."

"If my brother finds out, he's going to-" my phone started to ring and I instantly knew it was Theo. "Great, what am I going to say to him?"

"Just explain everything, I'm sure he'll understand." Roman said and I exhaled.

"Yeah, understand." I mocked thinking Theo is the complete opposite.

"Hello?"

"What do you want Theo."

"Don't try and play that act now. I know what happened." I could already see how angry he was through his voice.

"Whatever, I'm already getting crap from everyone else and I don't need it from you."

"You're coming home for October break and thats final. I'll be coming to pick you up."

"No, I'm not a child. I can make my own decision and I want to stay here"

"Stay here so you can sleep around and party? No fucking way."

"I can party and talk to whoever I want. So you can go fuck yourself!"

I shut the phone with anger and tossed it aside. "Roman, we're going to that party."

——————————————————————————

Catching a glance at myself in the reflection of a car, a silent exhale escaped my mouth. All I could see when I looked at myself was a detached bitch. My childhood self was a lot different, sweet and caring towards everyone.

But as soon as I realised how unloving my parents were towards me, I turned all of that off.

I miss my old self sometimes. But if the world's going to treat me badly, then I'm going to do the same to the world.

My eyes scanned over my blackish hair, which cascaded down to my waist. I straightened it today which made it extra silky and long.

I thought I'd make my dark blue eyes pop today and lengthened my lashes using mascara. I put some black liner in my waterline and around my eyes to give it a smokey effect.

My "costume" was a hot cowgirl - black flared pants with flame designs and cutouts revealing a hint of my skin, a leather halter top revealing my cleavage and of course a hat.

I couldn't forget my gun of course, I had to carry it everywhere. Thankfully I could stash it in the costume gun holder and nobody would have a clue it was a real one.

 Thankfully I could stash it in the costume gun holder and nobody would have a clue it was a real one

"Got your fake ids?" Asked Roman who was dressed as Shaggy from Scooby-doo. Jade was dressed as a Tim Burton character with dark under eyes and a gothic dress.

We all raised our IDs that we got from someone in our college and then walked towards the entrance of the club.

The music started to get louder and louder the closer we went.

"It's time to forget about your troubles, I'll take 4 shots of vodka." Jade said to us, then saying the last part to the bartender.

We stood by the bar as Roman and Jade took shots of alcohol, and I sat staring at them like a lost child. "Drink up Shy." Jade said as she pushed a shot towards me.

"I don't drink." I said cautiously hoping they would understand. I rarely drink, and that's because I hate losing control of myself. An assassin needs to be aware of their surroundings at all times. That and I didn't want to lose myself in any guy.

"Come on, you're such a drama queen." Roman urged as the music overlapped his voice. "It's just a few shots."

"Nah, I'll catch you guys later." I said before I walked away. I looked around the club as the music vibrated through my body. A crowd of people dressed in different costumes surrounded the club, and most of them gathered together on the dance floor.

There were skeletons, witches, vampires- of course they were all toned down to look somewhat sexy.

My eyes scanned the club with curiosity to see who was here. Most of the people from our college were here. Most of the known ones anyway, like Kyle, Gretchen, Monique, Gwen.

From the corner of my eye I even spotted Enzo at the lounge area, surrounded by women. God I just hated players with a passion, and he was such a player.

Enzo sat in the seating area surrounded by a bunch of girls, or strippers....I couldn't quite tell as they were dressed as playboy bunnies.

Of course. What did they find so fascinating about him.

He wasn't even wearing a costume but wore a black button up shirt which was unbuttoned a few inches, revealing his muscular chest. His sleeves stopped at his forearms giving a peek of his tattoos.

He had a little bit of fake blood dripping from the side of his lip to his chin.

Our eyes stayed caught together, except my eyes gave an I-don't-like-you stare. He took a swig from a bottle, his expression brooding and always in a mood. I finally found the strength to move my eyes away, but I still felt his stupid gaze on me.

~ENZO POV~

"Get off." I ordered, and the women around me scurried away. I wasn't in the mood for it, and frankly I was tired of dealing with the same type of women - the kind who only want you for your money, looks and title.

Though it was true, the sudden change of mood wasn't just because of that. A few minutes ago I noticed Shy Cullens walk in. God was I fucked - and I realised that the second I stopped paying attention to any woman but her.

She watched me from afar, I wasn't surprised seeing a repulsed look on her face. She moved her eyes away from mine, but I couldn't bring myself to do the same. I needed to take her in with my eyes since I couldn't do it any other way.

There was a reason why every guy in college wanted Shy Cullens in their bed - she was another type of beautiful.

Her long dark hair, her plump lips, and the way she doesn't take shit from anyone. And those eyes- I can never tell if they're blue, I haven't observed them close enough.

I ran my hand through my messy hair, mentally cursing at myself. I moved my focus somewhere else, trying to get lost in the sounds of the music.

A girl I flirted with earlier today walked towards me holding a drink. I exhaled knowing I wasn't in the mood anymore. She sat next to me and attempted to smother me before I pushed her away.

"What are you doing?" She asked as I peeled her hands off of me.

"Not feeling it. Sorry." I muttered before standing up and walking towards the other side of the club.