| 001 - Ablaze |

Hey guys <3
As many, many, many of you guys have known I have been extremely inactive for what is it now... a few months to a year
(I am so sorry lol)

But guess what...
I'm back :)
Here's a little backstory for you guys because some people have been asking for it.
AND because we are approaching 1 Million (ONE FREAKING MILLION THATS MORE PEOPLE THEN SOME COUNTRIES HAVE!!!)
I will be re-editing the whole thing so people who have read before, it might be a good idea to go back and read again!

Ready?
Here we go...
~

I find it odd as fire and police units rush past me as I walk down the streets. Everyone on the street, including myself, stop and stare at the cars as they fly past trying to get some kind of idea on where they are going. I look over at my best friend Ned and see that he is already looking at me.

"That's weird." He says which is followed by a nonchalant shrug. It's not rare to see a fire truck or a police car going down the street with their sirens blaring but seeing that many of them rushing past is odd.

"I know right." I laugh a little and everyone pretty much goes back to doing what they were doing before the fleet of emergency services raced down the street. I pull out my phone and check the time, it's nearly dinner time so I'll have to be heading back to the apartment soon.

"Want to stop for," Ned distracts me from my thoughts when we walk past a candy store. "A candy bar." He grins after a pause motioning towards the door making me laugh.

"I would love to stop for," I pause like he did for dramatic effect. "A candy bar." I finish and he smiles happily. We walk into the store and are surrounded by all of the different kinds of candy. I break off from Ned and walk along the aisles. I don't want to buy something expensive because I don't want to waste Aunt May's money so I find a simple chocolate bar and head back up to the front of the store. I stand there waiting for Ned after buying my candy bar and talk to the girl running the register for a few minutes. Ned walks over to us with a huge back of candy in her hands and I can't help but giggle.

"My favorite." Ned laughs and I shake my head before taking a bite off of my candy bar. Ned pats my head as he passes me before he goes and buys his candy.

Once we are outside I check the time again and it's only been fifteen minutes or so but I feel like I need to get back to the apartment. I don't know why but it's just a feeling in my gut.

"Well, I'll see you later." I say and Ned nods, popping a price of candy into his mouth. "Aunt May is probably wondering where I'm at." I explain because I don't want Ned to think I'm just trying to get away from him. He nods and I take another bite out of my candy bar.

"Ok, see you later." He smiles and we both turn to go in our own directions. We usually walk together in the mornings and nights so we meet up at a little cafe that has recently started getting more attention. "Call me later!" Ned turns around and yells making me laugh. People turn to look at him and see that him is looking at me so their eyes look at me as well. My face turns red because of all the attention and I nod, keeping a smile on my face.

"Will," I nod and we both go back to walking in our own directions. I pop my headphones in and continue my walk home. I make a face as another fire truck rushes past and this time I step to the curb so I can see where it is going. My heart drops when I see it turn down my street and I find myself rushing past groups of people trying to get to my street.

"No, no, no, no, no." I repeat the word to myself when I see the fire trucks and police units outside of the apartment building. I push through the groups of people and see some of my neighbors and even though I'm glad they are ok I need to find Mia right now. I reach the yellow tape and still can't see her.

"Sir I need you to back up." A officer says to me putting a hand on my back, trying to lead me away from the bright yellow tape as I watch in horror as my home is ablaze.

"No, I live here!" I inform him as I struggle against him, trying to turn back around and see the building and he stops.

"Oh." He says and takes a step back. "Are you Peter Parker?" The office asks and I have to tear my eyes off of the fires raging through the apartment.

"Yes." I say and meet his eyes to ask the question that has been repeating itself in my head for the last few minutes as I try to figure out what is exactly happening. "Where is my aunt?" When he doesn't answer my breaths get more shallow and I start to panic. "Where is my aunt?" I repeat myself and he looks to an ambulance clearly not wanting to answer the question. I turn around and race away from him to the ambulance that is idling.

"Kid, you can't get in here." A woman says and I look at her as the emergency responders close the ambulance doors. I am about to beg her to let me see my aunt when I feel another person behind me.

"Yes I can." I tell her, not caring how I sound. I need to see my aunt. I need to know that she is okay.

"Just let him." I hear the police officer from earlier say and see that he standing right behind me. I give him a thankful look and he gives me a hesitant smile, making me nervous. I look between the two adults and wait for one of them to say another thing.

Finally the emergency responder sighs and offers me her hand. She leads me to a side door and opens it, letting me sit in the passenger as her partner sits in the back.

"Eyes forward, okay?" She says but it doesn't exactly sound like an order. It sounds like she wants me to keep my eyes forwards for my own good, so I do.