Chapter 14: Deals and Dates

Amora burst into the medical tent before storming over to the last cot

Amora burst into the medical tent before storming over to the last cot. She turned the corner and was surprised to see Madam Pompfrey slathering a thick green paste on Cedric's burn scars.

"Well, look who made it," Amora huffed. Madam Pompfrey instructed Cedric to keep the paste on for an hour and swiftly left as a scratched up Fleur Delacour entered the tent. Amora sat down beside his cot and sighed.

"Hey, I'm still in one piece, thanks to you of course," Cedric smirked. Amora rolled her eyes before turning to examine the golden egg.

"Have you opened it yet?" she asked him as she weighed the golden egg in her hands. It was surprisingly light, and she feared that there was nothing inside.

"I probably will later. Apparently won't make it in the next task if I don't hash it out," Cedric shrugged.

Amora shook her head before muttering, "You were so careless."

"I was not!"

"Was too!"

Cedric and Amora began to argue before she put the already injured champion in a headlock until he agreed with her. Roger was lurking outside of the tent and rolled his eyes. Roger assumed his plan was foolproof, but Amora was already flirting with him again.

"Hazel!" Roger shouted to the Hufflepuff. She was in a group with her friends, but she shooed them away before strutting over to Roger.

"Yes?" she asked, all innocent like, cocking her head to the side.

"I'm pretty sure I asked you to break up Amora and Diggory," he hissed, forcing her against a wall and away from the crowd. Hazel tried to shove him away but Roger remained still, waiting for an answer.

"Well I did, didn't I? You walked her to the cupboard to see me and him. She dumps him, gets with you, you pay me, and happily ever after!" Hazel scoffed as she wrapped her Hufflepuff scarf around her neck a little tighter.

"Really? Cause they don't seem too broken up to me," Roger snarled.

"What is your obsession with her?" Hazel hissed, venom practically spewing from her mouth.

"I ran into her in a hallway last year, and I finally realized that she was perfect for me. She was smart, athletic, gorgeous, and absolutely brilliant. But there she was, falling for Pretty Boy Diggory even though I was clearly the better suitor," Roger explained as he dug in his pocket.

"So now you're trying to break them up?" Hazel asked.

"Yes, and you're going to help me," Roger snapped.

"I thought I already did. Love potions aren't cheap, and you're lucky Diggory was too dull to notice me dump it in," she hissed.

"I'll raise it up to fifty galleons for your help," Roger offered. Hazel raised her eyebrows in surprise before a confident smirk settled onto her face.