(25) Mentors & Matresses

Y/N

Well for some reason, I decided to pull an all-nighter last night. Finals were coming up in a few months or so and I wanted to get some studying done sooner rather than later. Then I realized since my quirk relied on a lot of energy, that was a terrible idea.

'Don't people normally only ever pull those the week before the exam though?'

Pushing aside my thoughts, I refocused on the lesson ahead, despite half my mind being filled with the thoughts of my bed. I miss sleeping with our cats. :(

Anyways, after we'd finalized our hero names yesterday, Dad decided to elaborate on the internships topic, which made me pretty excited, although I was too tired to get to the point where I'd set my quirk off. Still working on that.

"On the board you can see the numbers of offers you guys have received regarding the internship, (Oh geez it just autocorrect to internet's hip I'm wheezing-) if you received any. The results were as follows:

Y/N L/N : 4,537
Shoto Todoroki : 4,123
Katsuki Bakugou : 3,556
Funkimage Tokoyami : 360
Tenya Iida : 301
Denki Kaminari : 272
Momo Yaoyorozu : 108
Eijiro Kirishima : 68
Ochaco Uraraka : 20
Hanta Sero : 14

(She do be popular though-)

"You'll have the weekend to decide which hero agency you would like to internship at during the week. Students without offers will still be selecting from a list of 40 agencies who volunteered to take on you kids-" Dad got cut off by Iida.

"Excuse me sir! Might I ask, if this is the case then what was the point of the sports festival?" He questioned, many of our classmates agreeing. I smiled softly at them before resting my head on the smooth desk.

"Iida, please let my finish next time," Dad sighed, to which the blue haired boy apologized profusely. "When you graduate, you'll need offers form heroes to take you on. If a hero loses interest in you in the next three years, you're in trouble. So the sports festival was a way to introduce you guys into the hero community, let people know of your existence and such."

"I see! Thank you for the explanation then, Mr. Aizawa. I apologize again!"

'Maybe I should start having coffee. Or maybe tea. Am I taking after dad this much?' I felt a pang in my chest, something I hadn't felt during day time hours in quite a long time. 'That's odd.. my gut feels all twisty for some reason.'

I forced myself to wake up a little bit more, mentally noting to find a way to stay awake when my energy depleted next time, whenever that was going to be.

"Please take into account what kind of hero you'd want to be. Take Thirteen for example: she specializes in rescuing, so anyone who wants to follow up in that particular profession would go to a agency that specializes in rescue. Understand? Now, take time to pick your groups while I take a nap," Dad ended with a yawn, earning a small giggle from me.

I browsed through the first few pages of the list as they were listed in order from those agencies with the most and highest success ratings, as well as many other factors. I smiled, thankful for the offers from everyone that seemed to want to work with me, but widened my eyes slightly as they passed over a certain name:

'Endeavour Hero Agency', it'd read, confusing me a bit. Sure, I was beyond happy when the number two hero of all people kind of complimented me during the sports festival, but confused as to why him of all people would've offered me an internship.

'I think it'd be more beneficial to work on my flames first, before trying to improve my wings.. but wouldn't things be awkward?' I thought to myself, writing down the name of the flame hero's agency, unaware of a green-headed boy whose head was peaking over my shoulder.

"Oh wow, you got an offer from Endeavour? That's so cool Y/N! Congratulations!" Deku exclaimed quite loudly, surprising me for a good few seconds before I laughed back in a friendly manor.

I saw Todo-kun glance up at me for a second, something flashing in his eyes as he quickly scribbled something onto his page, not meeting my eyes a second time leaving me rather confused.

"Thanks Deku! I'm really grateful for all the opportunities I've received from everyone, but I hope interning with the flame hero himself might help my improve my own fire, you know?"

He just smiled back before bombarding me with a barrage of new questions, which I happily answered, pushing aside the weird feeling in my gut.

'Is it that time of the month already?'

We chatted and made our way over to Uraraka, who was informing her seat mates she'd be interning with the hero by the name of Gunhead, who was apparently well versed in self defence and hand to hand combat.

"Woah~ good luck Uraraka!" I beamed, genuinely happy for my friend's choice.

Being around my classmates always made me feel less tired for some reason. It was so energetic and lively being in the group, making it difficult not to just blend in straight away.

I skipped over to Iida next, who'd seemed pretty down since the sports festival. Without a second thought, I reached out my arms to give him a back hug, since he seemed like he needed one and my intuition these days wasn't often wrong.

"E-eh.. Y/N-san?" He stuttered, although I couldn't see his facial expression from where I was. My arms were wrapped around his body from the back and he was sitting in his chair, so he was facing away from me.

"Iida, you seem really sad lately for some reason. I don't know why, but I want you to know I'm here if you ever need to talk, okay? Also, we're pretty close friends now! You can drop the honorific," I responded, chuckling a little at the end. I honestly wasn't sure if it was because he didn't place in the sports festival, or because of some other reason, but it wasn't my place to ask.

"Thank you, Y/N. I'll do my best to remember that," I grinned hearing those words, finally letting go of him, not noticing the slight shake in his tone before he cleared his throat.

"Where are you planning to go, anyways?" I asked, curious.

"It's an agency in Hosu City," he replied, looking away from me. "Manual's Hero Agency." 'Hosu..' I honestly hardly ever watched the news, which was why I was so behind on everything but I could've sworn I heard on of the heroes I knew talk about it at some point, but I couldn't remember why.

"I see.. I hope you do well there then!" I smiled as he finally turned back to face me, his face normal save for a hardly noticeable shade of pink, which made me a little concerned about his health. "Iida, are you feeling alright? I'm worried you might be sick," I finally asked him, resting a hand on his forehead, the gesture seemingly making his face a brighter shade of red for some reason, although it wasn't all that warm, making me confused.

There was an odd, ominous aura coming from my classmates for some reason, but I wasn't sure why so I just ignored it.

"Hmm... you feel fine, but you should really watch out for your health better!" I scolded gently, but grinned good-naturedly at the end. "We can't afford to have our class rep sick now can we?"

He mumbled a string of incoherent words as the bell rang, making me wonder if Deku had been rubbing off on him or something, as Iida was typically well-spoken and precise with his words.

Everyone began exiting the class as Iida finally seemed to regain his composure, apologizing before rushing out the door with the rest. I just laid my head on the desk for a few minutes, deciding to text Shinso about a possible hangout. I wanted to get rid of the bad feeling in my stomach, telling me something was amiss.

I was pretty excited to hopefully learn from the internships, but the sinking feeling in my stomach grew worse.

'Things can't end up being that bad... right?'

A/N : Publishing at 23:59 again, oop-

~ October 17th, 2020 ~