4

Alfonso *POV

I'm just starting to wake up from my dream and feeling like I got hit by a truck. "ugh why is everything hurting"

"Boss!" Seriously does his stupid ass need to scream when I just woke up?

I try to sit up but everything hurts. That is when I remember everything that happened. I was kidnapped and tortured I faked being dead after they shot me, perks of graduating from SEAL academy.

" The girl!"

"she is safe, nothing happened to her we would never kill the girl that saved your life."

"Did you give her everything she wishes for?"

"no, she only wanted one thing"

when he explained what she had said I was surprised. She sounds so pure and innocent. I then found out I have been in a coma for one week and they never gave her the scarf because Lorenzo never left my side neither did my brother or their families who have been sleeping in our house.

Lorenzo told me he has been trying to call the little girl but he says the call never goes through

Alexas POV

It has been a week since I meet Lorenzo and his boss. That is not the weird part. Miss L has not been in the cafe for a week. It says "closed cause family comes first" but I'm worried something happened.

I have been living on protein bars for two days cause the money miss L gave me the last time I saw her I had spent on food for the last four days. oh and on top of that, my phone is dead cause I cant charge it when the cafe is closed and I smell like a dead fish since I have not been having access to my bag with clothes. so you can imagine how I am feeling right now.

I am starving! I chew on my last bar outside the cafe in hopes of Lorenzo bringing my scarf.

two days later

Miss L came back yesterday and I could finally change and take a shower in the cafe so I feel fresh again. Miss L told me that her brother-in-law was sick so she had to stay with family and apologized 100 times for forgetting about me. She said I could eat anything I want on the house so I'm not complaining she can forget about me many times haha.

When I turned on the phone I got a bunch of notifications most of them from Lorenzo asking where I am and why I am not answering.

-thought you should know boss woke up and is very grateful but why are you not answering we are worried.

- hun please tell us you are ok! God, we don't even know your name :(

I then answer him

-sorry my phone was dead, I am at the spot I told you, every day. - the name is Alexa :)

I then read the texts from my best friend.

Love, there is an emergency at work I can't meet for lunch or take you to training sorry love.

yes I train and he calls me love but he is like my brother. This explains why I have had to buy my own lunch.

-Lex are you training?

-Lex why aren't you answering

- Lex I'm worried

- ANSWER THE DAMN PHONE

-I'm freaking out here

well, these were a couple of the 57 texts Xander had sent.

-I'm fine Xan the phone was dead.

Two seconds after I sent it the phone rang.

"ALEXA MARIA SANTIAGO I'm so gonna kill you when I'm free from work."

"Xander calm down I'm sorry I can't help my phone died."

"well borrow your parents!" no he does not know I'm homeless, he only knows I have it tough.

"I'm sorry my beautiful and most handsome brother whom I love" works every time

"ugh you sneaky little butterfly" doesn't make sense but okeeeeej

I'm glad you're okay, we can meet tomorrow and eat lunch again ok?!" I agree and then he goes back to work.