A message from Royce

a m e s s a g a e f r o m
R o y c e

Hello, I'm Royce or Ray as some of you may already know. I've been waiting for you to get to this part. Why? Because I have something to tell you. You all know my somewhat tragic and messy story but I don't know yours.

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you're going through and I don't know what your beliefs are or your culture.

What I do know is that somewhere in the lost lines, we're all going through some shit and we've lost hope. We have forgotten what it's like to truly be happy and are drowning in this never-ending self-hatred, dealing with anxiety and depression, trying to get out of toxic friendships, and hoping to find your identity all at the same time.

Maybe you think you're not a good person and you hate yourself for every little thing. You tear your skin before others can reach you or maybe you're just too hard on yourself.

Maybe you get picked apart by people every passing second just like I did. Maybe you hide your insecurities and put on a fake charisma, to please others, and fold yourself in some corner every night, so you wouldn't fall apart in the morning.

I'm not gonna feed you any bullshit. We all have an idea of what life is like in general and maybe yours is absolute shit.

But there will be an end to this hell you're facing. Maybe you'll find it at some point later in your life. Maybe it's on earth, maybe it's waiting for you in the afterlife, I do not know and I will never know but I beg you, to hold on.

I believe in you as you all believed in me.

Maybe you just need a helping hand to get you back on your feet.

And who knows? Maybe you'll find your Nathan too—I hope you do.

If not, then I hope you're at peace with yourself.

I hope you take a little time to forgive yourself and maybe give this body — yourself — some bonus points, some love, and appreciation, for it's the only constant in your life (I could be wrong) but either way, I wish the best for you.

Oh and Nathan says thank you for tagging along in this ride.

I hope our story was worth something because yours is too. Fighting!

Ray.

E n d