chapter 62

New cover by Iyanuoluwa-Temi

KIKIOPE

"I don't want to hear any rubbish after we come back from the midterm break ooo, Khalid come, let me teach you what to do," Bimpe said before dragging Khalid away while I chuckled.

Since last night, she and Doyin had been disturbing Khalid over the matter and all I did was laugh.

"Why are you laughing like a mad man?" Doyin slapped my shoulders and I rolled my eyes.

"Did you see me laugh?" I turned back to her.

"Noo, you were crying," she jested and I eyed her.

"Infact come and be going to your house," I pushed her inside the house, and she chuckled.

"We are already going before, right Abee?"

Abee and Kunmi who had been playing ludo in the living room turned to us.

"What did you say?" Abee inquired and Doyin walked up to him.

"We'll soon be going right?" She queried before sitting by his side.

"Yeah," he nodded and Bimpe walked out of the guest room with Khalid.

"What did you teach him?" I asked her and she eyed me.

"Why do you want to know? My own is sha that by Monday, we must hear good news," she replied.

"Abi oo," Doyin added and I shook my head, just then we heard a knock from the door, Kunmi decided to stand up and immediately he opened it, my mom walked in with Sugar Boy.

"Ah, what are you doing at home?" She queried with surprise evident in her face as her eyes scattered around the living room.

"It's mid term break," I announced.

"Oh..."

My friends cut her off by greeting her and Sugar Boy. After exchanging pleasantries, she walked into their room.

"Time to go home," Abee announced before standing up.

"Ahn, you're already going?" I questioned with raised brows.

"Yes nah, it's not like we stay  here, we are still travelling to Lagos," Doyin replied.

"E kpele oo," Bimpe and I said concurrently before bursting into laughter.

Not quite long, Doyin and Abee got their things ready, Bimpe and Kunmi decided to go home too, seems Kunmi's mom was finally trying to get close to him or something 'cause she called him herself maybe the old man travelled again or something.

"I'm saying my own now ooo, I don't want to hear story on Monday, Khalid, you hear me?" She pulled her ears like someone talking to her child and I rolled my eyes.

"Even me gan, I don't want to hear we're just best friends or one stupid thing," Doyin added and I eyed her.

"Shuu, be going jare," I pushed Bimpe, and she eyed me.

"I'm already going before, Kunmi come jare," she pulled him closer to herself while giving me some funny looks.

"That's one maruwa," Abee announced and Doyin flagged it. Minutes later, they all alighted into the tricycle while Khalid and I waved at them till they were out of sight.

"Your friends are something else," I turned to Khalid as we walked back to my house.

"They're not your friends abi?" He jested and I smiled.