10

They spend the next couple of days following the avatar. As of now, Rezalia and Zuko were in Zuko's room while the others were having music night on the deck. Rezalia was stretching on the floor and humming to herself while Zuko sat on his bed with his arms crossed, staring into space. Iroh opens the door, causing to Rezalia to look up at him. Zuko doesn't bother as he says; "For the last time, I'm not playing the sumki horn."

Iroh looks between the two of them before settling on his nephew's face. "No, it's about our plans. There's a bit of a problem."

Zuko looks up and opens his mouth to speak but is stopped when Zhao enters the room behind Iroh. "I'm taking your crew," he says, completely forgoing formalities.

"What?!" Zuko and Rezalia exclaim in unison.

Zhao smirks at them, like the snake he is. "I've recruited them for a little expedition to the North Pole."

"Uncle, is that true?" Zuko asks, searching the man's face for evidence that this was some kind of joke. Rezalia rises from her split and makes her way to Zuko's side.

Iroh looked miserable. "I'm afraid so. He's taking everyone." The man throws his arm over his eyes in despair. "Even the cook!"

"Sorry you won't be there to watch me capture the Avatar. But I can't have you getting in my way again," Zhao sneers. Zuko lunges, but Rezalia pulls him back and draws a quick 'x' over his back. No.

Zhao walks further into the room an examines the broad swords that hung on Zuko's wall. The very swords that Zuko used when he was out playing vigilante. Zuko tenses and Rezlalia furiously taps twice on Zuko's back before pausing and repeating the motion. Again and again. Lie lie lie lie.

Zhao pulls one of the swords off of the wall. "I didn't know you were skilled with broadswords, Prince Zuko."

"I'm not. They're antiques. Just decorative," Zuko replies tensely. Rezalia stops taping and draws a short line with two fingers. Sorry.

Zhao hums and turns to Iroh. "Have you heard of the Blue Spirit, General Iroh?"

Iroh gives the Admiral a weird look. "Just rumors. I don't think he is real."

"He's real all right. He's a criminal, an enemy of the Fire Nation." Zhao hands the broad sword to Iroh. "But I have a feeling that justice will catch up with him soon. General Iroh, the offer to join my mission still stands if you change your mind," Zhao says as he moves to leave. He pauses. "That offer extends to you as well, Ms. Devil."

Zuko growls at the name, and Rezalia was sure Zhao only said it because he knew i would make Zuko mad. Zhao shuts the door behind him. "Over my dead body," Rezalia scoffs as she falls backward onto Zuko's bed. Said prince sits down next to her with his head in his hands. She nudges Zuko with her knee and smiles at him when he looks up. Zuko manages a small smile in return.

Iroh leaves and returns hours later with an awkward smile. Rezalia looks up from the book she was reading, however her vision is slightly off due to the fact that she was laying upside down in the chair. Zuko was lying in the bed facing away from the door. The two hadn't left Zuko's room all day, with the exception of getting meals to bring back to his room.

"The crew wanted me to wish you safe travels."

Zuko scoffs. "Good riddance to those traitors." Rezalia frowns but lets in go on the grounds that he was already upset.

Iroh says nothing for a moment before changing the subject. "It's a lovely night for a walk. Why don't you join me? It would clear your head." Zuko says nothing. "Or, just stay in your room and sit in the dark. Whatever makes you happy."