29 | mentality and insanity

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

taehyung has been delusional for a while.

he's been trapped in a little bubble where his entire world revolves around a small snarky teenager who stormed right into his rock-hard heart and now seems to be stuck there.

how many people has jeongguk killed in the last time?

two? three? four?

he's lost count. and if he's lost count, then that mean absolutely nothing good.

but one look at jeongguk's smile and all his worries washes away, simply just enjoying all the little things and moments together.

so delusional.

for how long did he think that they could hide? pretend?

eventually everything would point back to the teenager.

and unfortunately, someone has already figured it out.

taehyung was reading the newspaper when he got a call from the entrance building.

jeongguk's father was here. and he had company.

taehyung scrambled for his shoes and coat, not noticing a sleepy jeongguk coming out from his bedroom who was rubbing his eyes with small fists.

"mhmm... hyung? where are you going?" the teen's small voice came out, a little hoarse from just waking up. 

taehyung grabbed his keys before turning to the smaller boy. he pulled jeongguk's frame closer to him and pecked the top of his head.

"don't worry, darling. there's breakfast for you on the counter." the taller says before opening the front door, but he hesitates and looks back once more. a smile unconsciously creeps onto his mouth as he spots the younger waddling over to the scrambled eggs laid out on a plate for him, rubbing his hands together in excitement for his meal.

taehyung didn't want to lose that.

he couldn't.

the older closed the door, making his way to elevator and pressing down to the bottom floor.

he swallowed a thick lump in his throat.

for the first time in years, he was nervous,—

—scared.

"where the fuck is my son?!" mr jeon bellowed, stabbing his finger into taehyung's chest as his eyes blazed with fury.

mr jeon snarled, ugly yellow teeth on display that almost made taehyung gag, the younger male shoved the older's hand away from him, glaring at him.

"have some respect." taehyung muttered as he dusted off his shirt. "he's upstairs."

mr jeon deep frown and scowl suddenly became overshadowed by a quick relieved smile that lasted for a second. then the male turned to all the men dressed in black behind him, nicking his head to the side.

"move in, gentlemen." he said, and then men suddenly all rushed past and made their way to the elevator. taehyung gritted his teeth and held back his burning fists as he saw the men storming his building.

"may i ask what seems to be the problem?" taehyung grits out, clenching his jaw. he knew exactly what was happening, and there was nothing he could do (in the eyes of the law).

"i'm not stupid. i know my son has been running around like a headless chicken, leaving dead bodies behind him." mr jeon corrected the cuffs of his shirt, face looking neutral. "i can't have people knowing that my son is a psychopath, but there is no way i can keep covering up these murders. you were his last hope, but even that's failed. the kid's insane, so i'm simply putting him where he belongs."

taehyung feels rage coursing through his body, his heart hammering against his chest as he kept his composure.

"which is?" he asks through his clenched teeth.

mr jeon looked up from his sleeves, a grin stretching out on his wrinkled frail lips.

"the fucking looney bin, of course."

taehyung could only watch. he was helpless.

he could only watch as the elevator dinged, doors sliding open and revealing four men grabbing onto jeongguk's arms, surrounding him as they pushed him outside into the lobby.

he could only watch as the teen struggled, pulling and thrashing around while yelling multiple profanities and curses at the perpetrators.

he could only watch as jeongguk locked eyes with him, his big doe eyes glimmering with sheen tears.

he could only watch as jeongguk called out to him, begging him, trying to run towards him.

as jeongguk finally broke loose and stormed over to him, latching his warms around the taller's torso and sobbed into his chest, taehyung just watched.

and he continued to do so as the men removed the smaller's grip off of him, pulling him back out to the exit as jeongguk was wailing.

"you said you wouldn't leave! you promised! you fucking promised!" 

they all left, shoving jeongguk head first into a sleek black car, mr jeon casting one glance back at the male left behind.

taehyung was standing all alone in the huge lobby, just him and jeongguk's echoing cries that were still ringing throughout the walls.

end of 29

whatthefuck

but wow! thx for 40k reads (: