Chapter 1

French will be in italics

Harry, Ron wake up! It's time to go," Hermione's voice echoed through the room. Harry opened one eye and groaned softly before pushing himself off the bed. A loud snore announced that Ron was still fast asleep.

"Honestly Ron! Get up!" Hermione raised her voice and walked over to sharply prod the red haired boy's leg.

"Wha? Whozair?" Ron mumbled sleepily.

Harry chuckled softly before he grabbed his glasses from the bedside table, putting them on. He couldn't help the excitement that was flooding through him as he thought about the Quidditch World Cup for which he and the rest of the Weasley family, have Mrs Weasley, were going to go to today.

He grinned as he remembered the Dursleys' faces when the Weasleys had come to get him from his Aunt and Uncle's house. Fighting down the laughter he felt growing inside when he remembered the incident with the ton tongue toffee and Dudley, he got up and strode past Hermione who was still poking Ron trying to get him to wake up and walked into the washroom just outside their room.

He could hear voices grumbling throughout the house, along with the Ghoul in the attic that continued to moan occasionally. After washing away the sleep from his eyes, he walked out to find Ron with his eyes half closed, standing outside the washroom waiting for him to come out.

Hermione had already gone back downstairs, he realized, as he located the long sleeved shirt along with the black jeans that were laid out for him, pulling them on. Since they were going to be travelling to the stadium they were going to have to wear muggle clothing ,seeing as they would draw stares from muggles if they walked down the streets wearing robes.

After dressing he made a half-hearted attempt to calm his untidy hair with a comb, which had grown longer over the summer and now hung just above his shoulders. Mrs Weasley had immediately tried to cut it as soon as she had seen him but the rest of the boys and Hermione, with Bill being the most vocal, had protested against it, saying that it was an improvement.

On his way downstairs he bumped into Fred and George on the way down. The Twins, for once, were not sporting their usual grins, instead their eyes remaining half closed. He walked into the kitchen where Mrs Weasley was busy at the stove ,along Hermione and Ginny, while Mr Weasley was sitting at the table reading the Daily Prophet.

"Well Harry? Do I look like a muggle?" he asked. He was wearing a brightly colored sweater along with a pair of grey trousers.

"Just like one," he grinned back.

"Oh, good Morning Harry!" Mrs Weasley said, turning around to look at him, "just a minute dear and I will have your breakfast ready soon."

"Thanks Mrs Weasley."

Ginny caught his eye and turned away, blushing furiously.

Ron, Fred and George had been openly teasing her in front of him ever since he saved her life from Tom Riddle in their second year. Apparently her crush on him has not died out at all over the last year.

Sighing softly he ignored her as he took his seat. He just couldn't bring himself to like her. Just like Hermione, he regarded her as a sister.

Most of the boys in his year seemed to think she was pretty though...of that he had to agree. But there were just so many things about her that stopped him from seeing her as anything more. For starters he didn't like how she was a bit...tomboyish. She was shy around him sure but he'd seen the way she acts around others. His view on women had changed drastically since he was 11.