Chapter 8

"Again." Sirius called.

"Stupefy" Harry murmured, concentrating hard. The tip of his took on a red glow. Slowly, a glowing red ball grew at the tip of the wand which steadily grew larger and larger. After a few seconds Harry broke off, panting slightly but with a triumphant grin on his face. Floating just a few inches in front of him was a glowing red ball which remained perfectly stationary.

"Good." Sirius nodded with a grin. Harry flicked his wand and the ball disappeared. He turned to walk back to one of the armchairs and staggered slightly as his vision shifted in and out of focus.

"You alright Harry?" Lupin asked in a concerned voice as he sat down.

"Yeah, just lost focus for a bit." He muttered, wincing slightly as his shoulder gave a painful throb. He wasn't supposed to be moving around much after all. The Horntail's tail had buried itself a little too deep in shoulder/

"That's enough for now Harry. I only wanted you to do this because I wanted to see if you can. We can carry on after Christmas." Sirius said, sinking into the chair next to Harry.

It has been two weeks since the first task. Today was the first day of the Christmas break which oddly started sooner than normal. Lupin suggested that it would be better to do his training during the day now that they had time and had insisted with the backing of Sirius that they wouldn't teach him anything until he was back to a hundred percent. So today, around two in the afternoon found Harry, Sirius and Lupin in the Room of Requirement.

"Isn't that like two weeks?" He asked. "Seems like a waste don't you think?"

"Just take the time to rest. You need it after all. We had been meaning to tell you, we won't be here for the time anyways." Sirius muttered after a few moments.

"Why?" Harry asked with a frown.

"A few things we have to do…we'll let you know later Harry." Sirius added, catching the look on Harry's face.

"Is it something to do with what happened at the first task?" Harry asked curiously. From what he knew, no one had any idea about who cast the Imperius curse on one of the Dragon handlers. The wizard himself had no memory of it and it was assumed that he was under the Imperius curse a few days before the task took place.

"You could say that." Sirius replied with a smirk. "That reminds me, have you checked out your egg yet?"

"Yeah, all it does is wail loudly until I close it. I have no idea what it means."

"When did you say the second task was again?" Lupin asked.

"Bagman just told us it's on February." Harry said with a shrug, immediately regretting it when his shoulder gave a sharp throb.

"We can work on that later then."

"You can use this time for more important things." Sirius said with a grin. "How are things with the French Champion?"

"What do you mean?" Harry asked feebly, feeling his cheeks warm up.

"Don't act dumb...I'll never forgive you if you let someone like that get away from you. She's one hell of a catch, take some initiative!" Sirius was still grinning widely at the embarrassed look on Harry's face while Lupin watched in amusement. "And while you're at it, work on those other French witches too. I'm starting to regret that I spent most of my time here in England. If half the witches in France are as good as the ones here it must be paradise."