Chapter 10

Why does it have to be so complicated?" Harry growled at no one in particular. A loud clearing of a throat behind him caused him to look around sheepishly. "Sorry." Madam Pince nodded curtly at him before moving away.

It was Wednesday afternoon and he was spending his fourth day in a row now in the library, poring over book after book trying to find more ways to breathe underwater. Grimacing slightly and tucking the books he had found useful, he walked over to the table where Daphne was watching him in amusement, her Charms essay lying forgotten.

Muttering darkly under his breath he slid into the seat next to her, glaring at the group of Hufflepuffs who were eyeing them from a corner who immediately returned to their books in a flash.

"Still no luck?" She asked, her voice laced with amusement. He glared at her and she immediately threw up her hands. "Forget I asked." Sighing he closed his eyes and leaned back on the chair, gazing at the ceiling.

"No, sorry…It's just frustrating."

"One would think." She smirked, turning back to her Charms essay. He had already told her about the Second Task, albeit in a roundabout way since he had only given her the clue he had heard from the egg at first much to her displeasure and let her figure it out for herself. "Stop scaring those poor people." She added.

Harry who had indeed been glaring at some of the Gryffindors who were watching their table looked at her before breaking out in laughter. Daphne who looked up at that moment noticed the horrified looks on the Gryffindors who, from the looks of their faces seemed to think that Harry had gone insane stifled a giggle earning both of them a piercing glare from Madam Pince.

"Stop fidgeting like an eight year old and read those books you got." Daphne muttered under her breath as soon as the librarian moved away, "And there's no way you're going to get everyone to stop staring over here either. A Slytherin and a Gryffindor sitting at one table remember?"

Harry nodded before opening Obscure Enchantments and riffled through the pages listlessly. Finally he pushed it away before gazing at the rest of the books with a forlorn expression.

"I wish you'd stop doing that. You're catching even me off guard now. I've hardly ever seen you like this." She said softly, putting down her quill and gazing at him. "I know that you have a few ways of doing this task but you seem frustrated with something. Can't decide what to do?" Harry ran his hands ruefully over his hair before growling again and ripping off the band.

"On the contrary…I know exactly what to do and that's what annoys me."

"Do explain. How are you planning on doing this?"

"Well…" He gazed at the different books and frowned before brightening up. "There are two ways I want to do this. Firstly, there is gillyweed." She looked surprised.

"Gillyweed. I remember that…of course! It's a plant that lets you breathe underwater right? And I think it gives you some useful side effects too. It's perfect!"

"Well, there are a few problems. Firstly, it's a pretty rare plant. I have no idea where to get it. The Apothecary back in Diagon Alley doesn't have it. Although…" He broke off with a dawning expression on his face. "…now that I think about it, Hagrid might have some idea where to get it. He was in Knockturn Alley trying to find something in my second year." She wrinkled her nose with a disgusted expression.