Chapter 20

Never before had Harry so thoroughly enjoyed a birthday as he did today. He wasn't cooped up in the tiny room in Privet Drive, talking with Hedwig and reading letters from his friends. He was with friends, family…all of who were determined to give him a proper celebration.

The presents he got from them had him stammering his thanks every few minutes much to their amusement. Amy had gotten him a set of Quidditch gauntlets, property of the Bulgarian National team.

"Viktor 'elped me acquire zem." She said with a smile at his unspoken question as he looked at her incredulously.

Caroline had gotten him a wallet which was charmed to never open for anyone but the owner. If anyone else tried, it would have rather interesting consequences…or so she said but knowing her and the loving way she said it sent chills down his spine and decided immediately to make sure to not let it come in contact with anyone other than him.

Aurélie had gotten him the strangest gift of all; a brand new muggle mp3 player. What made it strange was that according to Aurélie, it didn't suffer the drawback of not being able to work around a magically charged atmosphere which was the reason why the wizarding world hardly associated with anything to do with electricity. To top it off it used magic as a power supply.

"You're one of the first few of us to be using one of zese too!" She said happily. "Eet's not going to be revealed to ze wizarding world for some time but papa agreed to let us 'ave ze prototypes. You can even tune into wizarding and muggle radio too."

It had been 'tweaked', courtesy of Aurélie's father who was experimenting with a new business idea of mixing muggle technology with magic. Her family owned several large establishments in magical gadgets which is a lot similar to 'Dervish and Banges' in Hogsmeade and if this kicked off as they hoped it would, it was certainly going to make a lot of changes in the wizarding community as a whole.

"Thought you could use something to distract yourself at Hogwarts." Caroline said with a smirk.

"Don't let anyone know where you got eet from." Aurélie added warningly. "Papa isn't planning on releasing eet anytime soon."

"I won't." He assured her, eyeing it with interest.

Fleur had gotten him a new set of books on obscure magic. It was amusing watching his eyes light up as he rifled through the pages, looking as if he'd just been given several new toys to play with.

"I don't want to 'ear anyzing about you collapsing in 'Ogwarts again zough." She warned.

"Yes ma'am." She grinned before handing him another book which she had been hiding behind her back. It looked more or less like a diary. "Zis is a way for us to keep in touch." She explained, picking up another one that was exactly like his. "Zis is mine, we can write to each ozzer and whatever you write will immediately appear on mine and what I write on yours."

He gazed at it for a few moments before pulling her into a hug, lifting her off her feet. "I guess you like eet?" She asked playfully after he'd kissed her cheek in thanks.

"Think you saved a lot of owls from the torture of carrying letters from Hogwarts to France and back on a daily basis." Caroline observed.

Towards the afternoon Sirius and Remus dropped in along with Dominique.

"Happy Birthday!" Sirius said with a grin, pulling him into a hug before stepping aside and letting Remus and Dominique give their wishes too. "And here, Fred and George wanted me to give this to you and along with their wishes."