14. NOT YOU

GOY
CHAPTER FOURTEEN: NOT YOU

"okay!" stiles opened up the blueprints to the bank building, pointing his red sharpie towards the rooftop

"okay!" stiles opened up the blueprints to the bank building, pointing his red sharpie towards the rooftop. aurora squinted slightly, trying to look at where he was pointing. "you see this? this is how they got in. it's a rooftop air conditioning vent. leads down inside into the wall of the vault, which is here." he circled over the vault. "okay? one of the robbers was lowered into this shaft." rory's legs swung on the chair she had situated herself on in derek's loft. "now, that space is so small, it took him about twelve hours to drill into that wall. which is stone, by the way." rory nodded with derek and scott, implying she was hanging onto every word he said. "then throughout the rest of the night, they siphoned the cash up to the guys back on the roof through that one little shaft on the wall. boom!"

"can we fit in there?" scott asked inquisitively.

"we can, but very very barely."

"i know someone who could, very very easily." derek's brown eyes met aurora's honey eyes and she jumped slightly, realising he was talking about her. stiles' mouth opened and closed repeatedly like a fish.

"uh, no?" he turned to derek. "look at her, she's tiny! you think i'm letting her go in there by herself? with a load of wolves who haven't been fed in fucking ages?!" he shook his head, saltily continuing despite derek's glares. "and they patched the wall. obviously. so, we're going to need a drill of some kind. i'm thinking maybe a diamond bit..."

"look, forget the drill." stiles' hands clenched as though he were in agony upon hearing the words. his girlfriend smiled and reached one of her small hands up, grasping onto one of his significantly larger ones.

"sorry?"

"if i go in first, how much space do i have?" derek stared intently at the blueprints. aurora watched as his eyes scattered to and fourth. she frowned slightly at the fact of them all getting into danger, once again.

"what- what do you think you're gonna do, derek? you gonna punch through the wall?" stiles muttered sarcastically as he stood up straight. derek crossed his muscular arms. aurora gulped, unconsciously squeezing her boyfriend's hand harder.

"yes, stiles, i'm gonna punch through the wall."

"okay, big guy. let's see it, let's see that fist." derek raised his clenched fist to stiles' face. "get it out there. don't be scared."

"stiles..." aurora warned, attempting to pull him back.

"big bad wolf. yeah, look at that." stiles' larger, vernier hand came to rest on top of derek's wrist and he shook off aurora, who frowned. she turned to scott, who's puppy eyes softened at her upset state and pulled her in by her shoulder, cuddling her from the side. "you see this? that's maybe three inches of room to gather enough force to punch through solid-" stiles was cut off as derek moved his fist forward, punching him on the hand.