(3) - But For Now

I slammed my knuckles against the door three times sending obnoxiously loud vibrations through the door. I braced myself for a familiar face to open the door. A small mischievous smile growing across my own face again.

I could hear a muffled sound of a voice on the other side of the door.
"Who the hell needs to knock so damn lou-"
Our eyes locked.
"Of, course"

"Good afternoon Mrs Swiss!" I chirped, adding a fake smile for politeness.

You see, Tom's parents despised me for getting their perfect son into trouble. They are Norms, so it's easy for them to slip further into becoming a Sin.
I'm what they call, a 'bad influence'.

"I'm not even going to ask how the hell you got here but I suppose you want Tom."

"Of course only if that's okay with you?" I said again in an exaggerated tone.

"TOM! Georgina is here!" She shouted over her shoulder before turning back to me. "What do you want with Tom?"

"Oh, Noah and I just wanna hang out with him and a few mates, to celebrate the end of exams! Nothing major, just a movie or two maybe. I'll drop him home around 2." I said innocently.

"2! In the morning! Nope. I want him home by 12:30. I'm already risking my own safety by not reporting you-"

"I'll be home by 1:30 latest," A voice said, followed by a familiar face appearing behind his mother.

"Tom! You know I don't like you staying out late, especially with.."

She turned and looked at me.

"Sins," she said in a hushed tone in the hope I wouldn't hear. But I did. I'm not deaf, I'm stood in front of her. Karen behaviour really.

"Say that again about my friends and I won't be coming home tonight," Tom said sharply to his mother before pushing past her, grabbing me by the wrist.
"Let's go," his whispered in my ear. I reply with a small nod.

"Don't worry Mrs Swiss, what we're off to do isn't illegal!"
I said walking back towards my bike.
"Unless we get caught!" I shouted back. I started to run back to my bike laughing as I heard her slam the door.

"I'm sorry Georgie you know how awful my parents are. Why didn't you just call? I could have just snuck through the gate to yours or something."
We were all stood around my bike, Tom pulled out a helmet from his bag and slipped it on as we talked. I gave it to him the last year for his birthday when we became close as friends. It meant he could use my bike or ride with me when needed.

"It's okay Tom, I'm used to it now. Your parents are no worse than every adult I've encountered and besides you can't get through the gate without a code and card. And I'm pretty sure you would have wanted to ride this beauty again."
I slapped my hands across the leather seats of my bike.

"Wait, we're not actually going to do something illegal right?" Noah quickly said reminding me he was still with us. "I'm not sure the sheriff wants to see my face again any time soon."

"No of course not, not today," I said with a small laugh. "Just said it to scare Mrs Swiss that's all. Hop on the back both of you I'm sure Alex and Sasha are waiting for us."

Once again we slowly drove back to the gate, this time with three of us instead of two. Winding through the back streets, trying hard to avoid all Norms. I punched in the code again and scanned the card before accelerating at a great sped into no man's land. We drove at no more than 70 mph, definitely breaking the speed law. I slowed the bike just as we reached the main entrance to the Sins area. I could easily show my card and so could Noah, letting us both through but there was still a risk of Tom getting caught, so I drove the bike round to the right to take the Officials gate into the area.
As we reached the gate I hopped off, confusing the two boys.