Chaoter 29: Rose

"Alright, why are we calling for a team meeting?" I asked sitting on the couch next to damon.

"We found something out while you, scar, and caroline were dealing with the full moon," stefan told me.

"What did you find out?" Scarlett asked him.

"Whatever it is has him more brooding today, " caroline teased.

"Guys, Cameron and elena are in trouble," damon said making us all go silent.

"How?"

"The sun and moon curse is a lie."

"What do you mean it's a lie!" Scarlett demanded.

"I mean it's a lie. The moonstone is needed for a spell. One human, one witch, one werewolf, one vampire. With this spell Klaus can make hybrids," stefan explained.

"How does this effect me?" I asked the brothers.

"We dont know, but whatever it is, Klaus wants you the most. He found out you were alive," damon said, grabbing my hand.

"I made a deal with elijah to protect everyone. Hes especially worried about you, I think he may even care," elena told me.

"Between all the times he kidnapped me, we bonded," I said to her.

"So now what? How do we save elena?" Caroline asked.

"We defeat klaus," damon told her.

"Yeah. It's not like we are killing an original. Remember, the ones who can compel supernaturals and live through a stake in the heart?" I asked sarcastically.

"Me and stefan are on that," elena told us.

"Okay, what can I do?"

"Me, you, scar, and now tyler are going to dig through your family history. See why klaus may want you," damon told me.

"Me, caroline, and Ric are going to find a way to kill Elijah, " stefan said.

"Why?" I asked him,"Elijah's a good guy."

"Dont be fooled for even a second that he cares about you. All he cares about is making sure his brother doesnt get you," stefan told me.

"There could have been a gentler way of putting that, but he isnt wrong, Cam," damon told me.

"What am I doing?" Elena asked.

"Staying here. Klaus is after you," stefan told her.

"Hes after Cameron too," she motioned to me.

"Cameron can save her on ass. You will be a liability. Stay here and watch rose. Call one of us if it gets worse," damon said to her.

Me and scarlett followed damon to his car and picked up tyler.

"You guys are going to dig into all your family's pasts. I'm going to find someone I think knows about klaus," damon said dropping us off at the bemnet house,"bonnie knows your coming."

"Damon, who are you going to see?" I asked as my siblings went inside.

"Jules. I find it suspicious the timing of her showing up," he told me.

"Yeah. With tyler turning, and you killing mason. That's fair," I told him.

"How's tyler dealing with the loss of mason?"

"Hes just confused on why hed leave without saying goodbye. I have an idea to help with the pain," I told him.

"Okay, I love you, love," damon said before kissing me.

"I love you to," I said after pulling away.

I went inside and started to dig around with my siblings. After an hour I was empty handed.

"Anything?" I asked frustrated.

"I have only found one thing," Tyler said and handed me a peice of paper.

"The summer witch tribe are known for their rare blood that causes them to be able to do weird things," I read aloud.

"Does it say with what?"

"With witches they have amazing power control. With wolves they dont black out. With vampire it is unknown," I told them.

"Elena is calling you," scarlet said, interrupting my reading.

I picked up the phone and heard her crying.

"Shes going to kill me!" She cried into the phone.

"I'll be right there," I told her.

I hung up the phone and turned to Tyler and scar.

"Elena is in danger. Scar make sure ty gets home safe," I said packing my bag up.

I ran home and went up to the room. I saw elenawas gone and damon laying there with a dead rose. He was crying as he looked at the body.

"Day," I said sliding behind hin and wrapping my arms around him.

"Shes gone," he cried.

"I'm sorry."

"I lost her!" He screamed.

"Sh. I know," I told him calmly.

He continued to sob and scream. I didnt know him and rose were this close. I never thought I'd see him this hurt over anyone's death. Stefan came in and grabbed rose away.

"Its okay, day. Its okay," I whispered stroking his hair.

"I'm fine," he said sternly.

"No you arent," I told him.

"No, but I need to break something and it cant be you!" He growled.

"Damon, dont do something you will regret," I warned.

"Dont try to stop me, Cam," he growled and pushed past me.

Damon's POV

I found a random girl on the side of the road. Shes so sweet. So innocent. Innocent, like Rose. I was about to stick my fangs in her to kill her when Camerons voice rang though out my head.

Dont do something you'll regret.

"Go. Get in your damn car and get far away forget you ever saw me," I compelled her.

She got in the car and drove away. I fell to the street crying as I called my Cameron.

"Are you okay?" Her voice rang.

"I'm on the old highway," I whispered.

"I'm on my way. Stay put," I heard her.

About fifteen minutes she pulled up in my car. I got in the passange side and she drove to the nearest motel.

"I have a feeling you dont want to be in your room tonight," she said.

I nodded my head. She paid for a room and we walked up. We both only had the clothes we were for the day, but neither of us cared.

She laid next to me in the bed and put her arms around me.

"I'm here for you," she said softly.

"Thank you," I said and turned to face her.

I slowly leaned in and started to kiss her. She kissed back immediately. It was a short, but sweet kiss. She pulled away and wore a small smile.

"Get some sleep damon. I'll be here if you wake up," she told me.

"Goodnight, Love."

"Goodnight, babe."

I am so damn lucky to have her.