Chapter - 16

( Hi, some of the things I write may not be correct in medical terms. So, please adjust according to it and there are two Emma one is the doctor in London and Chris sister.)

Rachel's POV:

So, it's been a month already after the night out with Emma. I have already formally given them the letter to the hospital that I'm quitting. I planned to go back to the USA.

The hospital president again tried to make me stay but, after a long talk, he agreed in the end. I still have to work 10 weeks in the hospital.

I told my godmother, Travis and my besties. I'm coming back to the USA. They were so happy and excited.

But, there is a lot of work for me to do now. I mean a lot.

First, I have to get a job at the hospital and need to apply for a few hospitals in different states and I need to choose a hospital in which they offer me a job.

Second, my main priority in California and other states or cities are in the option. Of course, New York is out of my list. You may wonder why but you know the answer.

The different hospitals will have different offers and there will be already GS doctors and may or may not need me. I may or may not get the chief of GS position. The hospital I'm working in is already offering me the position. Then again, I'm sure they will want me cause I'm good at it and famous in General surgery. Some of my surgeries have been famous and came in news and talked about it.

Third, once I got the job. I need to buy or rent the house. I need to live near my closest ones. Not far away from them. This is why I'm going back. I have no family but I have people I can call my family. This time after settling in maybe a year or two I will start dating again. Because the first year in the hospital will have a lot of work usually. And, I'm also planning to do an extra degree. These degrees can only be studied after one become a full doctor. It's just one needs to apply for the exam and write when the time comes. This, usually most doctors do.

I have already talked to a guy named Mike. He is like an agent and he gave me the list of hospitals willing to hire me. I got the list which I'm currently looking at.

I got more than 10 offers and which are less yet to come. I already told Mike my conditions and according to which he had given me this list.

So, let's just see. They are quite a few best offers which I'm already surprised and Mike told me they are willing to contact me by the hospital legal team and their president.

Mike told me to come to the USA so that I can come and see the hospital and have a direct talk with them. If it's good then complete the procedures.

I have selected 3 hospitals which are in Illinois, Chicago. San Francisco, California and Washington, D.C. These, are the best offers I got and they suited me.

But, I'm mostly going to choose between California or Chicago.

.................................................................................................................

I'm planning on making a trip to the USA in 2 weeks in which my time in hospital will come to an end. I planned on first deciding which hospital and then buying or renting a home and then I'm going to move in there. Till then I'm going to be here in the UK.

I'm now going to make a phone call to Emma who is Chris's sister. Not the Emma in the UK.

Since I'm going to the USA I plan on seeing Blake my son. But, I don't know the situation there. Will Blake want to see me or not.

I also want to know, how is he doing? Is his health good? Did he miss me? Is he behaving well? Is he happy with Chris and Natalie? How are his studies? Which game does he like to play? Does he like music or something? Did he grow up in height?