This Feels Right

(Episode 8.) This Feels Right
"No. But the universe doesn't really care if I'm ready or not."

"It had been weeks since Katie told us about NYU, but she still didn't know if she'd actually been accepted

"It had been weeks since Katie told us about NYU, but she still didn't know if she'd actually been accepted. We had decided to enjoy the end of high school and mot think about it."

Alexa, Katie, and I were taking selfie's in Alexa's living room in our graduation caps and gowns. We were laughing about some of the pictures we took when a phone beeped.

"Was that my e-mail?" Katie asked.

"Is it NYU?" Alexa asked.

"It was mine." Jack told us. Ever since Katie gave Jack a phone he's been on it all day. I wasn't mad about it cause he talks less when he has his phone. "Aw, Kyle sent me a picture of his tongue. Oh, he is really allergic to mustard." Jack lifted his phone to show us.

"Holy..."

"Is his mother home? God."

"And in a couple of months, they'll leave us." Mom said standing next to Lori at the counter. "Stupid circle of life."

"I'm good." Lori said pushing the box of tissues towards mom.

"You're good?" Mom asked. "Alexa is graduating on the same day that Lucas is moving out. Before you know it, it'll be you, Dave, and the smoker. Who do you think's winning that battle?"

"You know, when Lucas left the first time, I was a complete mess. I can't imagine what it's gonna be like when Alexa leaves." Lori said. "You know, after everything we've been through." The moms looked over to see Katie taking pictures of Alexa while I shouted compliments at her. "I'm gonna stay strong until Alexa leaves, and then I'll have a big, sloppy breakdown."

"Honey, you cannot schedule your emotions."

"Oh, I can. Yeah, I totally stayed Zen when Dr. Breitwieser called and left a message for Alexa, who still hasn't called him back!"

"My mom's been so weird." Alexa told us. "My dad's also been weird but, like, a weirder weird. They're definitely gonna embarrass me at graduation."

"Why did Dr. Breitwieser call you?" I asked Alexa, worriedly.

"Who knows?"

"You would... if you call him back." I told her.

"I'm sure it's nothing... and I haven't had to see him in over a year anyway, so..."

"Awww. Look at you, graduating high school." Dave said walking down the stairs with Lucas who pulled me into a hug. "Alexa, never forget... you can make a compass with a needle, a leaf, and a little bit of water. We gotta get going."

"Yep. Definitely gonna embarrass me."

"Oh, wait. Wait, wait, before we go..." Katie said stopping everyone from going out the door. "Today is about us, but tomorrow, Alexa, Y/n, and I wanna do something to thank all of you."