fourteen

14. Fool Me Once

Aria woke up with a groan, she slowly opened her eyes and looked around in confusion, she realised she was in a random motel room, Aria wondered how she got here, the last thing she remembered was talking to Stefan and Elena in the bathroom then walking back to her room, but before she could enter her room something hit her in the back of her head causing her to blackout.

Aria looked around, that's when her eyes landed on a guy sleeping on a chair, she knew who he was, he was Ben, he used to go to their school, and now he worked at the Grill with Matt, and not only that, he was the guy who Bonnie had a crush on and last night was supposed to go on a date with, worry started rising in Aria's heart when she thought about her friend.

Aria looked at the bed besides her where she saw an unconscious Elena laying there, Aria slowly got out of her bed, making sure not to wake Ben up, she approached Elena and lightly shook her, eventually she woke up and just like Aria was confused seeing her surrounding, Aria gestured Elena to be quiet and pointed to a sleeping Ben.

Elena's eyes landed on the door behind Ben, she gestured to Aria who understood and nodded, both the girls slowly got out of the bed and very quietly stepped over Ben's leg and very stealthily walked over to the door. Elena and Aria exchanged looks and Elena slowly went on to open the lock chain, she then opened the lock and went to open the door.

"I wouldn't" Ben said, coming behind the two girls and startling them.

Ben moved closer to the two girls and looked into Aria's panicked eyes, in an attempt to compel her, "Don't try to escape, don't even move, do you understand?".

"I understand" Aria said, playing along.

Ben nodded then turned to a scared Elena, "If you try to run then your friend here dies, so think wisely", Elena nodded, knowing fully well that Aria wasn't compelled.

After Ben had turned around, Aria grabbed Elena's hand and opened the door, all ready to leave but stopped when they saw Anna standing on the other side.

Anna grabbed both the girls by their arms and dragged them into the room, "Seriously?" Anna asked Ben.

"I told them not to move" Ben defended, "I did the eye thing you taught me".

"But forgot the lesson about vervain, both of them date vampires Ben, duh" Anna said, shoving Aria and Elena into the wall.

"Who are you? What do you want?" Elena demanded, struggling in Anna's grip.

"Ask your friend" Anna said, shoving both the girls into the bathroom and locking it.

Aria tried to open the door but failed, while Elena turned the lights on, that's when both the girls eyes landed on an unconscious Bonnie in the bathtub.

"Bonnie!" Aria yelled, running to her unconscious friend.

Aria tried shaking her friend awake but failed, she turned to Elena who was looking at her unconscious friend in worry, both the girls looked at each other and exchanged worried looks.

***

Stefan entered the living room, where Damon was sitting, reading Emily's grimoire and trying to find the spell that will open the tomb.