16 - Christmas with the Weasleys

It was December 18, 1995.

After Ellie's interrogation with Umbridge, the students grew more cautious than ever, taking extra precautions to ensure that Dumbledore's Army remained a secret. Some went to extreme extents to stop attending the meetings altogether, but Ellie's coaxing brought them back slowly.

Most of the students had improved under Ellie's guidance, and even Neville finally produced the Disarming Charm. As their progress climbed, Harry's trust for Ellie slowly increased, and the two eventually reached a point of casual greeting.

The DA stood for the last meeting of the term, Harry closing it out with a happy holidays to the members. The students gave themselves a round of applause, shuffling out of the room after his speech. Some wished Ellie a good break while others merely smiled at her, the Hufflepuff enjoying the kind gestures the upcoming holidays invoked.

Ellie and Hermione split in their respective ways, but only after their routine of goodnight kisses. It wasn't long before Ellie had company as she faced the redheaded twins whose cheeks were flushed from their escape.

"Fred. George," Ellie nodded, her eyes narrowing suspiciously. "What did you guys do now?

The twins shared identical beams of triumph, grinning from ear to ear in amusement.

"Oh, nothing really," Fred replied casually.

"And by nothing, we totally didn't slip Umbridge a Puking Pastille," George finished.

"Seriously? I would've loved to see that," Ellie laughed, imagining the professor's reaction.

"It was wicked," George recalled, his eyes diverted upwards as he remembered the event.

"Anyway, we wanted to catch you before you left to your common room," Fred started.

"We want you to spend Christmas with the family. Of course, it was all my idea to invite you—Freddie didn't even think about you," George proposed, his head tilted with a smirk.

Fred elbowed his brother in the ribs, causing George to hunch over with raucous laughter. Ellie cracked a smile while she thought about their offer, watching as the two finally calmed themselves enough to stand up straight.

"As thankful as I am, I couldn't. I wouldn't want to impose on your family, especially during Christmas," Ellie declined as she shook her head.

"Oh, come on. Don't be a buzzkill," Fred teased.

"I don't even know your parents," Ellie reasoned as she surrendered her hands in the air.

"But they know you," Fred countered with a tilt of his head.

"As I said before, Mum will love you," George added in attempt to convince the Hufflepuff.

"Look, I wouldn't be comfortable with spending Christmas with you all, especially considering how little the rest of the family knows me."

"Okay, fine. Have it your way. But Hermione's going to be there," Fred shrugged casually.

"What about Hermione?" Ellie questioned eagerly.

"Yeah, it's kind of tradition for Harry and Hermione to spend the holidays with us," George explained.

The corners of Ellie's lips curled upwards slightly, but she was quick to conceal it with a serious face.

"I'll see if I can make it."

"Told you she'll say yes," the twins grinned at each other as they shared a fist bump.

"We'll have Dumbledore owl you the address. He's the Secret Keeper, you see."

"But we'll see you there! And if you don't, we'll have Hermione drag you from your doorstep."