Chapter 27

After departing with Regulus at the Black Lake, Alexandra ran the rest of the way up to the library, hoping to get there before closing time. The library was almost empty of all students and those who were still there, were packing their stuff to go back to their common rooms before curfew.

Alexandra rushed toward where she always sat beside the window, but the moment she turned the corner, Alexandra squealed when she suddenly bumped into someone and they both fell down with a loud thud.

"I am so sorry!" Alexandra and the girl said at the same time as they both tried to help the other up.

Once Alexandra handed the girl her books which had fallen down, she took a good look at her. The girl had brown hair which was boyishly short and a dreamy gaze, looking extremely familiar to her.

Alexandra didn't have to think for too long to realize who she was. She didn't know the girl's name, but she had always seen her with the group of Gryffindor girls who were all a year older than Alexandra.

Alexandra only knew two of them; firstly Lily Evans, who was top of her year — along with James Potter and Sirius Black. Although the reason Alexandra knew Lily's name was that James Potter always kept shouting her name in the Great Hall, to which Lily would roll her eyes and walk off.

Alexandra also knew Jenna Potter, because well... who didn't? She was the Gryffindor Quidditch captain and just as popular as he brother and his three friends, mostly because everyone knew she was a Metamorphmagus, seeing as she always changed her hair color for amusement, and so stood out. Not to mention Mike never used to shut up about how hot she looked in the past few years.

      She didn't know the other blonde girl in their group much, but she was one of the Chasers on the Gryffindor team and Alexandra always thought she looked adorable.

"You're Alexandra Starling, right?" asked the girl in her dreamy voice, snapping Alexandra out of her thoughts.

She nodded in response, taking aback that someone would know her.

"Look," the girl started with a sad sigh, "I'm so sorry about your parents... I wanted to come up and tell you so before, but I didn't want to upset you any more."

Alexandra smiled, shaking a hand at her reassuringly. "Don't worry about it."

"I'm Alice, by the way," she said, raising her hand which wasn't holding her books and Alexandra shook it delightfully.

       "I would say I'm Alexandra, but you knew me already," she said, making the Alice giggle.

       "I always see you come here, although I don't think you study much," she said. "You usually daze out. I can tell."

"True." Alexandra laughed. "But that's mostly because I enjoy reading books that aren't related to our classes."

      "Oooh, me too!" the girl exclaimed with a happy sigh.

Alexandra wanted to keep talking to the girl, but right at that moment the Madam Pince came to rush them up, saying that the library was closing.

So Alexandra waved Alice goodbye, going quickly to her usual seat and picking her quill, making her way back to the Ravenclaw common room.

***

The proceeding week brought the next Quidditch match for Ravenclaw, which was against Slytherin. Mike was more nervous than the last time, because Gryffindor was at the top of the charts this year and if he wanted to get his team up to the second place, they had to beat Slytherin in this game.

      "C'mon, Mike, you have to eat something," Alexander urged him over breakfast, putting more bacons on his plate, even though he hadn't touched the previous ones.

      "Blah!" Mike groaned dramatically, burying his face in his hands nervously.

      But just then, Alexandra looked away and her heart fluttered when he saw Regulus walk into the Great Hall. She waved at him from where she sat when their eyes connected.

      But to her surprise, Regulus looked away from her and so ignoring her completely, he walked toward the Slytherin table.

      Alexandra furrowed her brows in confusion, having no idea what had just happened or what was with his behavior. It was as if they had gone back to being strangers. As if the night at the Astronomy Tower or the Black Lake had never happened.

      But shaking her head off the thought, Alexandra went back to force-feeding Mike, knowing that he had to keep his strength for the match.

      Once the time arrived, Mike got to his feet and asked his team to follow him down to the changing rooms to get ready for the match.

       After some while of sitting there alone and staring off to distant, Alexandra went down to the stadium with the rest of the Ravenclaws after wishing Mike good luck.

      She was wearing her cloak and Ravenclaw scarf, ready to cheer on her team. But her eyes kept wondering around for a certain Slytherin seeker.

      Alexandra kept telling herself that maybe Regulus hadn't seen her back then, but no matter how much she tried to convince herself, she was pretty sure that their eyes had connected and he had in fact seen her wave at him.

        Once the match started, the Slytherins and Ravenclaws shot through the air on their brooms. Mike was doing great that day as the Keeper, but for some reason Regulus seemed so distracted that their captain kept yelling at him during the match to keep his eyes out for the Golden Snitch.

      Regulus started flying around, looking for the Snitch desperately to end the game aa quick as possible. Although his eyes kept going through the crowd of audience every once in a while.

      But not an hour later, there was an erupt of cheers from the Ravenclaws in the stadium when their Seeker caught the Snitch and gave an end to the game.